Don’t Let Amplitube Die!

Please don’t let Amplitube die. I know you’re likely more focused on TONEX right now, but Amplitube offers a different kind of experience—one for people like me (gear nerds) who love to deep dive into tone shaping. While I’m at it, I’d love to offer some suggestions: a new version of Amplitube featuring fresh or revamped amps—like Dumble, Two-Rock, and others—and new effects such as the Klon, Bluesbreaker, and Blues Driver. It would also be great to see pedals and amps designed for acoustic guitars.

Maybe even an “Amplitube Maker” feature where you could build and customize your own amp by choosing the tubes, preamp, and speakers. Anyway, I’m a huge fan of your products, but I feel the Amplitude it’s starting to fall behind compared to other plugins. Please don’t let that happen. The plugin is already amazing, but it has the potential to be unbeatable. Thanks for your time, and sorry for the long message.

Best regards,

Dema

I second that. I use a lot of IK products and amp sim products including ToneX. But I still use AT5 a lot.

The combination of Amplitube and using Tonex captures inside of it is a great workflow and very powerful approach, I hope they keep improving it.

I would like to see them continue to integrate Amplitube and Tonex better. Once the effects were added to Tonex, I kind of stopped using Amplitube so that I could move seamlessly between DAW and Pedal with the same presets. The new unit is a giant step forward this way. I hope for those of us who already own both Amplitube and Tonex that we get those features in the software. Right now, you can’t turn it on in Tonex without owning a Board.

Amplitube is my go to. Not all that impressed with tonex. I’m looking forward to a new version of AT. With some new collections. How about a Tony Iommi collection ? Or a Steve Howe collection ? Jimmy Page ? David Gilmour ? You know what I mean !

I find I am a bigger AT5 user more so that ToneX even though I have both. AT5 seems to work better at higher project sample rates than ToneX for me needs.

I often combine the Tonex amps with Amplitube’s signal chain flexibility and the pedals/effects. There’s merit in the system and I hope it doesn’t get abandoned.

TONEX is actually named ‘Amplitube TONEX’, so Amplitube will live on one way or the other :wink:

What makes people think Amplitube is on its way out? Asking for a friend

Personally, I’m not worried about it, I’m looking forward to an Amplitube 6

I think some folks think captures are the futures and emulations are out. They may be why some think Amplitube might be on its way out. Its good to see support for emulations.

Amem!

We should make some noise about it. Maybe that’s what we need to the “IK Guys” make an Amplitube 6.

Unfortunately, with the current version of AmpliTube, there is no normal way to use TONEX 2.0 content.

For now, AmpliTube is basically limited to the older amp models from TONEX 1.12.1, or to Tone Models that can still be updated or converted using version 1.12.1.

Until AmpliTube is updated to support the new TONEX 2.0 library/database format, the integration is quite limited.

Maybe someone from IK Multimedia @Peter-IK could comment on this and let us know whether an AmpliTube update addressing this is planned.

I will reply to the TONEX 2.0 Player Public Beta thread too but this is stated on the TONEX Board → Software web page TONEX Board

Expected to fully support TONEX Board presets by early Q1 2027.