Tonex One preset switching with usb port midi messages

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex One preset switching with usb port midi messages

Postby joanesinu » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:40 pm

Hello,

A time ago I contacted IK multimedia asking if midi switching with the usb port on the tonex one was possible. They told me it wasn't possible.

Guess what.. This dude on the video did just exactly that...

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1399500400767319

Did anyone else tried this?

I've been asking for ages to add the preset bypass disable to the normal tonex because it make the unit footswitches useless in live situation, where a misstep can turn on the bypass and you are f-ed up. So, I use a midi switcher.

If this is possible I will swap the normal one for tonex one.
joanesinu

Re: Tonex One preset switching with usb port midi messages

Postby CliveHawnt » Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:54 pm

They are correct, there is no Midi control possible over the USB port. What this guy is doing is interpreting Midi messages into Tonex control stream data format into the USB, there's still no midi going into the Tonex..
CliveHawnt

Re: Tonex One preset switching with usb port midi messages

Postby Starblood » Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:20 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what do we see as the main barrier to implementation of USB MIDI on the Tonex One?

The hardware requirement is the USB port, the USB to MIDI convertor block is software, isn't it? A collection of mappings from endpoints to entities and external ports?

[mod redacted - please review the rules when posting]
Starblood

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling