If you already have purchased all the Tonex max suites do you still have to pay the price for 2.1?
Is there an upgrade price, I have recently invested quite a bit of money on all the products. Another 299.00 seems a little rich for an existing customer.
TONEX 2.1 is a free update. However, TONEX Rig is an optional upgrade that brings the expanded creative power of the TONEX Board experience into TONEX 2 Player.
If you already have TONEX MAX you just need to update in IK Product Manager to get the TONEX 2.1 Player free update. If you want the TONEX Board functionality/effects/etc in addition to that, you’d need to purchase the TONEX Rig Upgrade.
TONEX Rig provides TONEX Board functionality and FX in software form. You don’t need TONEX Board to take advantage of the upgrade in software form. To run the TONEX Board functions on hardware you’d need the actual TONEX Board, of course, though since TONEX Pedal would not have the horsepower for the dual/split chains and four Tone Models at a time, and such.
That’s a beta, there are far more risks. But you should have been able to restore your library in that case. If you run into trouble IK Support can assist directly and get you taken care of.
I honestly think a 50% discount code for TONEX RIG for existing TONEX MAX and AmpliTube MAX users would be a very fair move from IK Multimedia.
It would reward people who have already invested quite a lot in the IK ecosystem, and at the same time I’m pretty sure it would convince many more users to actually buy the upgrade.
At around 50% off, I think TONEX RIG would become a much easier purchase to justify for a lot of existing customers.
TONEX Rig is already $/€50 off for existing TONEX paid software users, that is the decided price. But you are also able to take another up to 15% off with JamPoints.
This is not going to change, though of course in the future (usually quite a few months after release) there could be a promo.
It is an optional upgrade, TONEX 2.1 is a free update to your existing software which still does everything it was stated to do when purchased (plus got a lot of updates along the way).
I appreciate the explanation, and I understand that the pricing has already been decided.
At the same time, I can see and hear the reaction from quite a few existing users, and I think the biggest issue is that it’s difficult to judge whether TONEX RIG is really worth the additional cost without a proper demo or trial version.
For users who already own TONEX MAX and AmpliTube MAX, another $/€100 is not necessarily an automatic purchase. Without being able to properly test the new workflow, dual/split chains, multiple Tone Models and the new effects in our own setups, it becomes quite difficult to make an informed decision.
That’s why I think either a 14-day trial or a stronger introductory discount for existing MAX users would make a lot of sense. It wouldn’t diminish the value of the product — it would simply make it much easier for existing customers to experience that value before deciding to buy.
Yes, I have definitely relayed the request for a trial too (along with passing along the $100 as a discount on TONEX Board if someone has TONEX Rig and wants to go to the hardware solution).
I do really like the idea of giving people who pay for Rig an additional $100 off of Board later. Gives those of us who bought Pedal recently an incentive to pay to try out Rig now, and upgrade from Pedal to Board later. Otherwise, the incentive is to wait until we feel like we’ve gotten use out of Pedal. And maybe we’ll really like Rig and upgrade to Board sooner because of the experience testing out Rig. Seems a win/win.