Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby anilnc » Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:28 am

Hi, If I understood right, you are asking to have option to install the main software supported files in different location instead of the main local drive?

I didn't see any reason to install the softwares in another drive, its only the content which are huge was preferred to be installed on different drive.

Or you mean to install the contents in different location?
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Re: Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby JYahnke » Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:48 am

Correct, users should have the option to install the IK Product Manager software itself on whatever drive and location they choose. (Not just the plugins and their large sound libraries, but the IK Product Manager software itself.)

It's fine that you don't see the need, but there are a lot of people with different computers and different drives of different capacities and speeds, and how they choose where they want to place software should be their decision, based on how they maintain their systems.

The C: drive is typically the operating system drive, and over years is prone to bloat and other issues that make it much simpler to restore to a fresh/cloned state without having to worry about programs that decided to make their home right there.

I mean no offense, but people have asked for this over years, and it is an extremely common feature in most installation programs these days to give the user the option to where they choose to install their software. Even something like a 300 megabyte product manager software.

I don't see the need for the IK Product Manager to insist on only installing on my operating system's C: drive.
JYahnke

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools