Please stop with the KPA profiles

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Please stop with the KPA profiles

Postby outloaf » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:02 pm

I don't know if its just me but having to fish through the ridiculous amount of Kemper profile models in Tone.net is really annoying. They sound unnaturally bloated. Feel free to correct me if I'm being out of line.
outloaf

Re: Please stop with the KPA profiles

Postby RiF_2205 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:29 am

+1
RiF_2205

Postby outloaf » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:45 pm

or at least a way to hide anything with "KPA" in it.,
outloaf

Postby fnordbak » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 pm

outloaf wrote:I don't know if its just me but having to fish through the ridiculous amount of Kemper profile models in Tone.net is really annoying. They sound unnaturally bloated. Feel free to correct me if I'm being out of line.

I think some of them are really good, not bloated at all.
fnordbak

Postby fnordbak » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:14 pm

outloaf wrote:or at least a way to hide anything with "KPA" in it.,

What about captures of Kemper profiles that do not mention they are from the KPA? (Or captures of other profilers / amp modellers for that matter.) Do they suddenly sound good then?
fnordbak

Postby rspst14 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:19 pm

It might be nice if the user uploading a capture were required to state whether they had modeled physical gear, or if it were a model of a model.
rspst14

Postby jih64 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:02 am

Ever heard of not telling the truth?

Might be a new concept where you live, but it does happen.

Sorry, doesn't bother me as I don't use TONEnet, MAX is good enough for me as I wait for IK to release some packs, plus Choptones have released packs for sale.
jih64

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:19 pm

Yeah, there is pretty clearly no way to verify whether any given tone model was made from the gear that the model says it was made from or whether the user just ran the signal through a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich and claimed it was some awesome chain of legendary gear. :lol:

It's sort of an interesting issue, and I can see it going a couple of ways. Either users will just use their ears and think "oh, that's the tone I need!", regardless of whether it was capturing an electrified peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich or not :lol: or, otherwise, model-makers will fall back on something YouTube videos that show them with the claimed gear in the models. Knowing that we guitar-players (and musicians and audio-people in general) are all insanely conservative naïfs impressed by brands and names :lol: I guess we're more likely to be wowed by videos of cool gear that have been captured than by sounds alone! :shock:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling