Syntronik Deluxe Installation problem

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Deluxe Installation problem

Postby makebeats » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 am

[Split from the" Syntronik 2 Installation steps" thread for focus and clarity.]

I cant figure out how to install Syntronik Deluxe. I got this during the sale and I had been away from the IK world for years. I went to my Products page and methodically downloaded all the sound files for Syntronik Deluxe. I then one by one unzipped them to a folder called Syntronic downloads on an external drive. I ran the Sounds installer in one of the envelopes and a prompt indicated the sounds were installed. When I open Syntronic 2 in Cubase I see the instruments but when I try to open one , a prompt says

"Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'H:/Syntronic downloads/Samples/53 Syntronik Minimod/MiniM/MiniM Pulse 10.pak'."

Does this mean I have to have Sampletank installed? I tried to install ST4 last night but I can direct the sounds anywhere but to my C drive.

Any ideas?
makebeats

Re: Syntronik Deluxe Installation problem

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Confused here - you mentioned installing the Syntronik Deluxe sounds library and then using the Syntronik 2 software.

Which edition of Syntronik 2 are you using? The free Syntronik 2 Custom Shop or a paid-for one?

I do not think that you need to install SampleTank 4.

First of all, is that file present at that location on disk?

And what paths are in the path list in Syntronik 2's Preference Settings?
Do any other instruments load OK?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby makebeats » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:46 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm using the Syntronic Deluxe version that I got during the 25 for 1 sale. I bought in at the $199 level. When I load it the instruments says "Syntronic 2"

the library paths on the disk are H:\Syntronic Downloads...thats the folder I downloaded to and then moved to an external drive
makebeats

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Syntronik Deluxe include the Syntronik (1) software, not Syntronik 2. And here, none of its instruments are named Syntronik 2 ...

Syntronik 2 was released on 23 November, well after the end date of the 25th Anniversary Group Buy.

So, still confused :)

Can you post some screenshots? See https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby makebeats » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:56 am

Ive got screen shots but now I have to sign up for imgur? just to post them?? What I can see when backtracking is, I did install Systron2 because it was the newest version on the Product Manager page. If I dont have that , why on earth is it there. So which one should I install?? Plain Syntronic?

I just got off work and Im tired,,will try your sign up program tomorrow
makebeats

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:32 pm

There is no need to Sign up to imgur; I never have.

Syntronik and Syntronik 2 are different programs. The second does not replace the first. Every registered IKM user gets several free products, one of which is Syntronik 2 Custom Shop - that is the Syntronik 2 software and a selection of 1oo(?) instrument presets.

Having said that, the Syntronik 2 software CAN load Syntronik sounds, so I do not understand why you gt the error, unless that particular file is missing. Do any of the instrument presets load in Syntronik 2?

The best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby makebeats » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:33 pm

Thanks again for responding. Here are images I references

https://imgur.com/a/vk6WoKT

Not sure what I was supposed to install; I just went for the one that looked correct
makebeats

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Your install should work (although slightly unconventional).

-- Is that particular file missing form disk?
-- do any of the instrument presets load in Syntronik 2?
-- what library path(s) are set in Syntronik 2's Settings?
-- does your library follow this hierarchy?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby makebeats » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 am

In response

that file is on the disk

none of the presets load

the library path is H/ Syntronic Downloads (see image)

https://imgur.com/a/C6iHurD

by hierarchy ,I assume you mean the example for Sample Tank? From the illustration it looks like I'd have to open each of the 35 folders and search the contents, is this what people do to install Syntronic? I installed the app per IK instructions and then downloaded the 75 gb of sounds to a folder I named Syntronic downloads. This is on an external drive. I point the app to it and click rescan and it doesant find anything
makebeats

Postby makebeats » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:08 am

Darkstar, thanks for your efforts to help , I will take my issues to the official help for IK. I am getting extremely angry and dont want to take anything out on you. Making music is a source of income for me and I need reliable products. I launched Cubase today and got an intermittent hiss that I associate with demo products. Turns out a previously installed IK compressor has reverted to demo mode (or was never installed, who can tell). Just now I got a prompt that the Brickwall Limiter that I'd used wasnt "properly Installed"

This is really sad. For one thing I notice I have an IK Product Manager, and IK Authoriztion Manager on my computer giving me 2 seperate ways to install and nothing in the install process called out a preference for either one. Also the installers want to download sounds to the C drive even when directed elsewhere.

I need a break
makebeats

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:06 pm

makebeats wrote:by hierarchy ,I assume you mean the example for Sample Tank? From the illustration it looks like I'd have to open each of the 35 folders and search the contents, is this what people do to install Syntronic?

Not at all; I suggested that FAQ just so you could see the overall folder organisation. No-one should ned to go through all the folders.

makebeats wrote:I installed the app per IK instructions and then downloaded the 75 gb of sounds to a folder I named Syntronic downloads. This is on an external drive. I point the app to it and click rescan and it doesant find anything

Ah ha - It seems that the download files have not been installed. If so:
-- create a new folder H:/SampleTank 3 Sounds
-- Run the IKPM,
-- set its Downloads folder to H:/Syntronic downloads
-- go to Syntronik Deluxe in the Sounds tab
-- select ...More Option, then Install to .. and select "H:/SampleTank 3 Sounds"

That should install the Syntronik Deluxe sounds into that folder.

In Syntronik 2:
-- remove the "H:/Syntronic downloads" entry
-- add "H:/SampleTank 3 Sounds"
-- do a Rescan, if needed

Finally, back up the downloads in "H:/Syntronic downloads" to a back-up disk, just in case you need them again.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby makebeats » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:45 am

Thanks for the detailed follow up Darkstar. This seems to have worked. Just starting a deep dive : your efforts are much appreciated
makebeats

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Good oh :)

I'll leave this thread open for the moment for an update after you resurface.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby makebeats » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:37 am

Yes, please keep this open for a day or 3 so I can make sure I'm installing other products correctly...thanks
makebeats

Postby makebeats » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:10 am

Syntronik is working but it seems I only have a few of my synths. Is there a trick to adding the rest. Product Manager shows Galaxy, M Poly installed but they dont show on the left side menu. What am I doing wrong?
makebeats

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More