AXE I/O SOLO EXTENSION USB CABLE

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O SOLO EXTENSION USB CABLE

Postby Coolruler12 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:48 am

Hi,

I've tried two 3 metre usb cables to connect windows laptop to my Solo but they don't work. The cables work for printers I have. It seems I'm only able to use the USB cable which came with the solo.

Can someone advise of a suitable 3 or preferably 5metre USB cable which I can use please?
Win 11 Pro 32 GB Ram i7 proc.
Axe IO Solo, Amplitube Max, Novation Launchkey Mk3 49.
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Re: AXE I/O SOLO EXTENSION USB CABLE

Postby Coolruler12 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:31 am

Can someone advise on my question above please?
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 pm

Typically any USB cable that falls within the usable limits of the USB spec/recommendations should work. Since you are having trouble and no users have chimed in, this is a user-to-user forum so I'd suggest seeking direct support from IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure they can assist you further where the users of this forum could not.

I would recommend staying well below 5 meters which is the very max for USB 2 data transfer. And if you are plugging into a USB 3 port you shouldn't use more than 2-3 meters length.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Coolruler12 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Many thanks for this.

I see the supplied cable works on USB 3 and my extension cable does actually work on USB 2.
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Return to Interfaces & Controllers