iRig BlueTurn as a MainStage next/prev patch controller

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig BlueTurn as a MainStage next/prev patch controller

Postby electricmonk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

Hi there,

I Use MainStage as a performing keyboard player, and I have a footswitch connected to my keyboard controller sending MIDI CC14, which is then mapped in MainStage to 'next patch'.

I was looking for a bluetooth alternative and came upon iRig BlueTurn. My question is - can I configure a BlueTurn so it can replace my MIDI controller? I'm asking because it seems that it sends either of 3 fixed key codes to the computer, and I'm afraid these will be specific to the window that's focused - in which case it might not function like I need it to.

If anyone at IK can assist that would be great :)

Thanks
electricmonk

Re: iRig BlueTurn as a MainStage next/prev patch controller

Postby electricmonk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Anyone?
electricmonk

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi, it sounds like iRig BlueBoard would be what you're looking for as it is a MIDI controller that can send PC or CC messages as opposed to iRig BlueTurn which uses HID commands (keyboard commands) as most page turners do.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MDTkeys » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Hey, this is a late response, but for anyone else wondering, iRig BlueTurn DOES work with Mainstage to change patches. I just got it and synced it with my Mac. Computer asked me to select what kind of keyboard it was. I chose "US/other" and just like that, it functions as the up/down arrows which were already programmed to change patches.
MDTkeys

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories