iPhone vs iPad Apps

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iPhone vs iPad Apps

Postby somatophylax » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:06 am

Hi all.

I'm very new at this and don't know much yet. But I have a question. Some of the apps, like the Amplitube Orange bundle, come in iPad or iPhone versions (both at 20$). But both products' description says they're for iPhones and iPads. So.... are they the same or are they different versions? One has a black icon, the other orange. If I buy the one thats seems to be for iPhones... what will happen if I eventually get a iPad? Will it work on it or will I have to buy the other one?

Another, like the Mesa Boogie bundle, come in iPhone/iPad or computer versions (the latter being way more expensive). Does the computer version include the mobile too? Or must I buy them separately?

Thanks
somatophylax

Re: iPhone vs iPad Apps

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:50 pm

You can share gear among the AmpliTube versions for iPhone and iPad. Please check the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1109 for the full information and steps.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby somatophylax » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi. Thanks for the tip. It's appreciated.

However, I guess that the PC/MAC version software doesn't give you the mobile version.... right?

Thanks
somatophylax

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:41 pm

somatophylax wrote:Hi. Thanks for the tip. It's appreciated.

However, I guess that the PC/MAC version software doesn't give you the mobile version.... right?

Thanks

They are separate products on different platforms and different stores so they do not.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories