Changing Audio Driver EVERY time?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Changing Audio Driver EVERY time?

Postby SlashieMusic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi again yall.

Look I'm incredibly new to this recording on my computer thing. I have the iRig iStomp (the foot controller, I'm not positive what it's super cool name is...) and a Win PC.

******** Question below, babble first

I FINALLY got it to work. Yes, many hours of frustration payed off when I heard the JCM 2555 Silver Jubilee (Slash's first signature amp) THAT I OWN faithfully replicated on this program.

**Seriously guys, if you don't KNOW, let me tell you, THEY NAILED IT!!! It's actually pretty remarkable that this technology has come so far... I'm totally blown away by the sound of that ONE amp in particular, just because I own it, I KNOW it, and Amplitube 4 just got it PERFECT. Absolutely PERFECT. F'n unbelievable to me... ok babble over**

******* Start question
Ok so I messed around with every available setting until I got sound to come out. I was shocked when it finally worked, because I'm NOT a computer nerd guy. So short story long, when I was done messing around with everything, I tried to watch a youtube video on proper settings etc that might max the ability of this program and my machine. It says I have to change back to the windows default audio driver or whatever.

Does this seriously mean when I record I have to change it to ASIO, and when I want any other "computer sounds" I have to go BACK to windows default audio driver? Because like I said, I'm new here, I could be TOTALLY missing something, but that's what it appears to me at this time.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you in advance if you can point me in the right direction. I appreciate any help you can give, as the search (and google) is strangely silent.

Thanks again.
SlashieMusic

Re: Changing Audio Driver EVERY time?

Postby SlashieMusic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:48 pm

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14319

This guy seems to have the same 3 year old problem. But I don't see an "official" solution. Is this situation just "how things are?"

Thanks again.
SlashieMusic

Postby jjguitar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Are you able to setup the iRig iStomp as your main soundcard ?
Maybe that should work.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:59 pm

This isn’t normal behavior. Please report to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for official tech support as this forum is not a tech support forum. They will be able to help you and resolve your issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SlashieMusic » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:08 pm

jjguitar wrote:Are you able to setup the iRig iStomp as your main soundcard ?
Maybe that should work.

(I figured out the official name, it's iRig Stomp IO! :D )

If, by this, you mean "keep the Stomp IO plugged in the PC at ALL TIMES" then yes, if I were to do this, I do hear sounds, youtube videos, etc. The problem arises when I unplug the Stomp IO, and I have to, as this is not a stationary PC but a notebook used for many things other than recording guitars with. I have an older PC that I may try to get into shape and use it as a primary recording PC, but as of right this moment, when I travel and unplug the Stomp, I have no sound until I change the audio driver to whatever is the default for this notebook. (Some long windows name.)

Thank you for the reply buddy, much appreciated.
SlashieMusic

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling