CUBASE EXPRESSION MAPS FOR MIROSLAV PHILHARMONIK 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

CUBASE EXPRESSION MAPS FOR MIROSLAV PHILHARMONIK 2

Postby leonbacardi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 am

Hello, If I buy Miroslav Philharmonik 2, are CUBASE EXPRESSION MAPS delivered with MP2 or they should be downloaded from somewhere else? On Steinbergs page with expression maps download are listed all librarys from other producers but not IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/co ... ssion.html

Thank you in advance.
leonbacardi

Re: CUBASE EXPRESSION MAPS FOR MIROSLAV PHILHARMONIK 2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi, I am not aware of any third party Cubase expression maps for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and they are not included with the product itself.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby leonbacardi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Thank you for your answer. I see that is possible to have the key switches over keyboard during playing. Is that also possible to programm the key switches in sequencer program for example in Cubase key or score editor instead of playing them in real time? If yes, how to do it? During midi recording to record the music from the right hand and also the key switches from the left hand at same time is not possible as I know. Only the music out of range of key switces mapping area will be recorded. Is that right?

Regards
leonbacardi

Postby SuperKons » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:33 am

It is absolutely possible to record the keyswitches notes, whilst playing. After all, they also are MIDI data :)
SuperKons

Postby leonbacardi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:44 am

I understand what do you mean, by pure logic that should be so, but for example the case with halion symphonic orkestra is not so. Depends where exactly these midi events will be sent. I can not say anything about MP2 regarding this topic. That is nothing else as leakage of information! MP2 sounds fan tastic! Funny is that MP2 is only one which is not listed here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/co ... ssion.html

<mod snip - see second bullet point in the Forum Rules>

I WANTED TO WORK WITH CUBASE AND MP2, THAT IS WHY I ASKED ALL THIS THINGS
leonbacardi

Postby SuperKons » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:34 am

In all honesty, Cubase does not have expression maps for Spitfire Audio libraries, either. In both cases, MP2 and Albion One, to name just one Spitfire product, I had to manually create those maps. Quite a bit of work, but well worth the effort!
SuperKons

Postby leonbacardi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 am

<mod edit - please see the first bullet point in the Forum Rules>

THE MOST IMPORTANT FROM EVERYTHING IS THAT ALL THIS EXPRESSION MAPS WERE PROGRAMMED FROM THESE PRODUCERS THEMSELF AND NOT FROM STEINBERG" STEINBERG PROVIDED THE EXPRESSION MAP FOR HALION SYNPHOPNIC ORCHESTRA ONLY! THIS IS THEIR OWN PRODUCT.

That means that producer of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 should make all this cubase expression maps for MP2 and give it to the disposal for all cubase users. Every orchestral library producer should make cubase ex. maps for their own products, what is the case already with exception of a few producers, but with Miroslav 2 among them...

IF MIROSLAV PHILHARMONIC 2 WOULD HAVE CUBASE EXPRESSION MAPS ( BUT PLEASE ALL POSSIBLE ARTICILATIONS FOR EVERY INSTRUMENT) WOULD BE SOLD MUCH BETTER!

Many people who own other librarys likes the sound of MIroslav 2
Last edited by leonbacardi on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
leonbacardi

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:01 am

In my view "should" is too strong a word. Yes, adding Expression Maps to a library product would make it more valuable to users with DAWs that support Expression Maps. So this is a perfectly valid Feature Request for MP2.

Some other orchestral library manufacturers also do not use Expression Maps.

--------------------------------
Question: other than Cubase (and Nuendo?) what other DAWs currently support Expression Maps? A quick Google did not show anything.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby leonbacardi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am

Question: other than Cubase (and Nuendo?) what other DAWs currently support Expression Maps? A qhick Google did not show anything.

Only what I know that Logic users can make it with scripting. I am not sure because I have no Logic. This I read on some forums. I thougt that the most of people work with Cubase or Nuendo. If this is not so, in every DAW THEY MUST HAVE the art TO PROGRAMM the articulations, not to record them in real time only. One link from one of my last post showed 8 PAGES OF ARTICULATIONS LIST! I can not tell the name of company otherwise my post will be snipped again regarding the second bullet of forum rules. :o
leonbacardi

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 am

Sorry to be a bit late to the table here but I think our colleague here is looking for expression maps that work with Cubase and IK Phil 2.

Rather than expression maps think key switches.

Load an instrument into Cubase add some midi data into that track.

I suggest that you use the strings from version 2 instead of version 1 because the key switches are greater.

If you select 14 violins including 1st Violin you will see a KS icon star.

It is recommended by Cubase that you star the vst instruments you use so you can find them easily. Philharmonik 2 only has one star to tick rather than the 5 for Cubase made VSTIs.

Next go the keyboard in the instrument. In your instrument you will see greyed out keys due to instruments low and high note restrictions. You will see that at about c-2 I think it is red keys. These are your key switches of expression map.

Unfortunately you need set up an expression map yourself. The new strings sections can have upto 20 key switches!!!! Some of the strings key switches are explainable so are just plain odd. What does detache 0.4 mean or detache 0.4 mf. Mezzoforte yes but what does 0.4 have to do with detache. I am a string player so I know my articulations and how they apply to the instrument.

If I get a chance I will publish my expression maps so long as IK is ok with this.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:01 am

Yes the key switches work in Cubase just make sure you don’t line up the articulation directly with the note. Eg if the recording placement of the midi note is 127.1.1.0 don’t place it at that position because I have found that the first not with the KS doesn’t activate. It’s best to have the KS start at 127.1.0.116. If your previous note was a semibreve the note wont change from arco vibrato to pizzicato with the crossover. It just means that when the semibreve has finished it will play the next note as you want ie pizz, staccato etc........
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:11 am

If you have halion 6 you should be able to run a script that will import the KS like the Cubase expression import button. How this works with external programs 8t isn’t made clear.

Here is the link

https://developer.steinberg.help/displa ... eySwitches
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More