Sampletank 4 unusable as VST

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 unusable as VST

Postby ral1020 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Have Sampletank 4 Max V4.08

After upgrading from ST 3, I have just about decided to remove this albatross from my system.

In "standalone" mode, my CPU resources (use) are fine and totally usable- even with some of the
newer, large samples... But as a VST in either Cubase Pro or Studio One Pro, it pushes my CPU
to (at least) 50% all by itself.

My system is robust and is dedicated to strictly DAW use. I have numerous VSTis that run just
fine.

Any comments or ideas etc ?

Re: Sampletank 4 unusable as VST

Postby dlgebert » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:08 am

ral1020 wrote:Sampletank 4 unusable as VST

But as a VST in either Cubase Pro or Studio One Pro, it pushes my CPU
to (at least) 50% all by itself.

I have ST4 Max running on an iMac quad core with 8GB of RAM and Studio One Artist 4.5 and the Activity Monitor shows it using around 48% CPU, so that seems close to what you're experiencing. I've been able to record a couple of songs with it without any clicks, snaps, pops, stuttering, crashing, latency, which I would consider unusable if that were the case. I've used "Black Beauty" on a song, one of the higher end Grand Pianos and extensive use of Syntronik Deluxe (the full version) and have had good success. Granted, I render to audio each track, so the plugin is not used with a bunch of other ones at the same time.

Can you please quantify what unusable means, besides taking a lot of CPU? Does it stutter, is there latency, etc.?

Dave
dlgebert

Re: Sampletank 4 unusable as VST

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

I would recommend opening a ticket with support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you feel SampleTank 4 is "unusable" for you as it is quite usable in my case with both my computer that I would merely call "decent" as well as my more monstrous machine. They should be able to assist you with tips to figure out what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More