Americana Acoustic vs Reaper

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Americana Acoustic vs Reaper

Postby John Horne » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:19 am

I have tried playing Americana Acoustic in Reaper as a VST3, but it crashes after playing just a couple of bars. All the other instruments in ST3 (latest version) seem to be working just fine. Also when playing Americana Acoustic in just ST3 the appears to be no problem.

any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks,
John Horne

Re: Americana Acoustic vs Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:16 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

Suggestion: try it in the VSTi edition of ST3. I do not know (and I have asked) of any advantages of using VST3 plug-ins in Reaper.

Can you try the VST3 edition with Americana Acoustic in another DAW?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Americana Acoustic vs Reaper

Postby Promidi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:46 am

I had this issue in ST3 with "American Acoustic" - especially with the 3 or 4 guitar strumming sounds. In may case I was able to solve it by increasing the polyphony.

Try increasing the polyphony to 128 (or even 256) in ST3 when you load an "American Acoustic" sound.

One other thing, are you using ST3 3.7.3 ?

Note: I use ST4 4.0.8 with "American Acoustic" now and I no longer have this issue.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More