Updating SampleTank 4 Max Version

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Updating SampleTank 4 Max Version

Postby higherglyphics26 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:53 am

Hello,

I am attempting to update to the latest version of SampleTank 4 Max - version 4.0.5 from version 4.0.4. I have downloaded the following:

SampleTank 4 MAX Sound Library Update 1.4
SampleTank 4 MAX Instruments Installer 1.1
Install SampleTank 4 (Ver. 4.0.5).exe (Main install File)

Do I just run the Sound Library Update and then the main SampleTank 4 (Ver. 4.0.5).exe? Do I need to run the SampleTank 4 MAX Instruments Installer also?

Thanks.
higherglyphics26

Re: Updating SampleTank 4 Max Version

Postby AZMountainGeek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:03 am

Did you ever get a response to this? 4.0.6 is out and I have similar questions.
AZMountainGeek

Postby garfy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:55 am

Hopefully you have been in contact with official IK Support to get some answers, but I personally update/install in the following order:

Main App
Instruments installer
Sound library

Hope that helps
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby AZMountainGeek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks, that confirms what I finally did, except I did not install the instrument installer. I believe it is the same version that came with the one I purchased (4.0.5) , though it's hard to tell since the items in the 'sounds download' window do not have release dates, and the doc says you don't need to download it initially so I didn't have the original version to compare to. I also downloaded and installed the new Pedal Steel Guitar instrument at the end, and when I opened ST it rebuilt the library and it appears everything is in there.

As someone who'\s developed software for over 35 years, I think I'm entitled to say that the installation document is pretty poorly written. While it's good to have a description of each of the various installers, a simple summary of steps would be useful (or a flow chart showing the order they should be done in) - one for the initial install, and one for updates would help.

Oh well...
AZMountainGeek

Postby higherglyphics26 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm

I agree with your previous comment, AZMountainGeek. I didn't receive a response from support but was planning on following the same steps posted by garfy.

I ended up cleaning my hard drive and doing a clean reinstallation of windows and haven't needed to install SampleTank afterwards since I can accomplish similar/better sounds with other plugins that use a lot less CPU and resource. I may install it in the future though.
higherglyphics26

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More