Licensing for Total Studio Max 2? How many computers?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Licensing for Total Studio Max 2? How many computers?

Postby Timebitch » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Hey there, everybody.

I am considering getting Total Studio Max 2 for PC, but I cannot find any detailed info on licensing.

I have 3 computers in my home, all running exact versions of my software setup. I would like to be able to record in the studio downstairs, in my wife's studio, or on my office computer upstairs using Max 2.

Can I install on all three computers and authorize on all three?

Do I have to be online to use Max 2?

Thanks, any detailed information would be very helpful.
Timebitch

Re: Licensing for Total Studio Max 2? How many computers?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello Timebitch and welcome to the forum.

Please see: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=license-agreement

You may install and use the “IK Multimedia Product”, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the licensee; (b) the program(s) shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, ...

So the one of your wife's studio might be problematic. I would check with Technical Support, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Yes, you can install and Authorize on all 3.

You do not need to be online, unless you are trying out unlicensed gear models in AmpliTube or T-RackS.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Timebitch » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Hey, thank you so much for the reply! The details are extremely helpful, and have swayed me toward buying it. It looks like a great suite!

As for my wife's computer, what I mean is that she uses one of my computers in her art studio to record vocals only. I'd just want Total Studio Max 2 on that computer as well, so that I can record to any computer in the house and still be able to reference the active plugins on any of the three that I am using at the time.

Again, thank you so much!!!!

:)
Timebitch

Postby GeorgeTsant » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi there,
I'd like to purchase Total Studio 2 Max for my tone studio in which there are 3 computers and most of the times work simultaneously but as I read concerning License, I am allowed to have the software installed to all 3 of them but only 1 to use it every time. So, is there any solution in this occasion?

George T.
GeorgeTsant

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and advise you suitably.

Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby GeorgeTsant » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:59 pm

Thank you very very much :-) !! I will do so!!!
GeorgeTsant

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling