Installation

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installation

Postby royaldeadman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:38 am

Seriously have owned IK products for a very long time and since day one I have been oh so confused on how to install these products properly? In my account the products feel/seem scattered all over randomly and with all the updates and or sounds to install, it gets very weird and overwhelming to figure out.

I now own the studio max 2 and things are still confusing because with say sample tank, I don't understand if I need to install both sample tank 3 and sample tank 4? The sounds that download are giving me a messy process and don't seem to give me an easy download.

Please help me.
royaldeadman

Re: Installation

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm

royaldeadman wrote:Seriously have owned IK products for a very long time and since day one I have been oh so confused on how to install these products properly? In my account the products feel/seem scattered all over randomly and with all the updates and or sounds to install, it gets very weird and overwhelming to figure out.

I believe that the order your products are listed in your User Area are the order that you've registered them in. If this is not the case I would suggest a ticket to support for some one-to-one help. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

royaldeadman wrote:I now own the studio max 2 and things are still confusing because with say sample tank, I don't understand if I need to install both sample tank 3 and sample tank 4? The sounds that download are giving me a messy process and don't seem to give me an easy download.

You don't need to install ST3 if you are going to install ST4. However, you can use the ST3 sounds in ST4 and so these need to be installed in their own folder on your system.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby royaldeadman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 pm

Yes that helps but not I'm confused. I logged into my account and it looks like I was given Sample tank 4 SE for free I assume but I am trying to figure out why it's not the max edition?? Since I own the total studio shouldn't I have the max?
royaldeadman

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am

royaldeadman wrote:I was given Sample tank 4 SE for free I assume but I am trying to figure out why it's not the max edition?? Since I own the total studio shouldn't I have the max?

At the time of ST4 release, owning ST3MAX as part of Total Studio MAX 2 did not automatically give you free upgrade to ST4MAX, but it did upgrade you to ST4SE. This is because TSMAX2 is already heavily discounted. However, you should find that you can crossgrade to ST4MAX for a much reduced price as well as using Jam Points for a further reduction.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby royaldeadman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks
royaldeadman

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More