Missing samples boxed version present in Sound Downloads

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Missing samples boxed version present in Sound Downloads

Postby StefaanCasteleyn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm

I installed SampleTank 4 MAX from the thumb drive of the boxed version and the SampleTank 4 MAX Sound Library Update 1.2 from the User Area -> My products -> SampleTank 4 MAX -> Sound Downloads -> Available Sounds for Windows. Exploring the program the first instrument I tried to load (C7 Grand Coincident Mics Natural) failed to do so. The message that the sample file was not found got me in a search mode as I guessed that not all the samples were present on my hard drive and on the thumb drive.

I had already downloaded all the available sounds for Windows. Comparing the content present in the zip-files with the files on my hard drive and the thumb drive I found these files and folders to copy additionally to the SampleTank Sound Content folder on my hard drive:

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Instruments_1_1.zip
SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Instruments\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos : C7 Grand Old Jazz Piano.st4i

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part1_1_1.zip
SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Binaural SE

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part2_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part2_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Binaural

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part3_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part3_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Binaural\C Grand Binaural Sustain 2

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part4_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part4_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Binaural\C Grand Binaural Sustain 3 + C Grand Binaural Sustain 4

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part5_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part5_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Binaural\C Grand Binaural Sustain 5 + C Grand Binaural Sustain 6

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part6_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part6_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Coincident Mics SE

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part7_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part7_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Coincident Mics

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part8_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part8_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Coincident Mics\C Grand Coincident Mics Sustain 2

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part9_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part9_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Coincident Mics\C Grand Coincident Mics Sustain 3 + C Grand Coincident Mics Sustain 4

ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part9_1_0.zip
ST4_Additional_AcPiano_Samples_Part9_1_0\SampleTank 4 Sound Content\Samples\SampleTank 4\Acoustic Pianos\C Grand Coincident Mics\C Grand Coincident Mics Sustain 5 + C Grand Coincident Mics Sustain 6

Since then I could load all the instruments I tried.

Greetings,
Stefaan
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Formatted to make the filenames easier to read
StefaanCasteleyn

Re: Missing samples boxed version present in Sound Downloads

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 pm

That will be useful info for other USB_ST4 users. Thank you for doing it.

Here is some info form Peter (pthis is from KvR Audio forum):
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
dandezebra wrote:What content has to be download for the updated library to work fully?

C7 Binaural and Grand Cinematic Patches are missing content for sure. What else is?

Please make sure you've installed the SampleTank MAX Sound Library Update1.2 and the additional pianos:
    Additional Piano Instruments
    Additional Piano Samples Part 1
    Additional Piano Samples Part 2
    Additional Piano Samples Part 3
    Additional Piano Samples Part 4
    Additional Piano Samples Part 5
    Additional Piano Samples Part 6
    Additional Piano Samples Part 7
    Additional Piano Samples Part 8
    Additional Piano Samples Part 9
    Additional Piano Samples Part 10

I'll make sure that is working in the email you get and/or a popup in your User Area as it is supposed to be messaged. Apologies if you didn't get a message about that. This should clear up your issues and I'll see what happened with the notification of this additional content directly here. Thanks.

and
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
dandezebra wrote:Peter,

Thanks. What is the reason that these were not included in the USB? I thought that was why we waited that long to get them?

You're welcome. These are additional pianos that were set aside due to the size from what I've been told.

Note the last sentence - there was not enough room on the USB drive for all the ST4 MAX content. ;)

In passing - some of those path names look horribly long (even if they are correct!).

And, in the installed ST4 Sounds Library, do the "Instruments" and "Samples" folder really have a sub-folder for "SampleTank 4", then the sub-folders for the instrument groups? If so, then wonder what will appear in the future in those 2 folders, alongside "SampleTank 4"?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby StefaanCasteleyn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi DarkStar

I noticed that there wasn't enough space on the USB drive when I tried to add the zip-files in an additional folder.

And yes, for some reason unknown to me a programmer of IK Multimedia decided that the standard installation folder structure of the Sound Content of SampleTank 4 has a sub-folder "SampleTank 4" in each of the "Instruments", "Multis" and "Samples" folders and in these the sub-folders for the instrument groups without numbering as in the Sound Content folders of SampleTank 3.
I too was wondering if folders will be added for the next versions of Syntronik and such or they will add extra folders for extras described by Peter in
Peter_IK wrote:SampleTank 4 is not a Custom Shop product. There will be more expansion and I think people will really be excited about some aspects of them, but I can't share that information quite yet :)
StefaanCasteleyn

Postby cfcboc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:07 am

Regarding the extra sub-directory "Sampletank4"...

Actually, I got the USB box version, and it loaded all the samples without that subdirectory.

Then, when I opened the program and selected an Instrument and tried to load it, I got the error message that it could not find the samples. The reason, of course, was that the installation program did not use that additional "Sampletank4" sub-directory.

I thought I could easily change the default directory that ST4 program was looking for in the OPTIONS menu, which has a tab for setting the sound directories, but that appears to not work as the program still gives the error message suggesting the default path was not being chnaged.

I have filed a support ticket on the issue on Mar 10th, so hopefully will be hearing back in a few more days, so holding off moving all the Samples files into the path directory that uses the additional sub-directory.

Will update after I hear from support and try their solution.
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Postby rlucey » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 pm

Had the same issue...I was told by support to wait for the 4.0.3 update which would resolve a bunch of known isuues. I opted instead to download the entire piano bank for ST4 Max and install them all hoping it would fill in the missing parts and it worked! One of the missing pianos is quite fantastic by the way, C7 Grand Binaural. GREAT piano.
rlucey

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Those who register their USB version should be notified in their registration email that there are additional downloads necessary for these pianos. To access this content, please locate SampleTank 4 MAX in your 'My Products', and click on 'Sound Download'. Here you will see the following files, all beginning with the word 'Additional'. Download and install each of these files:

Additional Piano Instruments
Additional Piano Samples Part 1
Additional Piano Samples Part 2
Additional Piano Samples Part 3
Additional Piano Samples Part 4
Additional Piano Samples Part 5
Additional Piano Samples Part 6
Additional Piano Samples Part 7
Additional Piano Samples Part 8
Additional Piano Samples Part 9
Additional Piano Samples Part 10
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cfcboc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm

So just to be clear.... I purchased the boxed (USB) version of standard SampleTank 4.

When I look at the User Area under SampleTank 4 Available Sounds for Windows, there is a long list of instrument/sounds, but is the only file I would need to download in order to update my purchased USB version (in late Feb 2019) would be the SampleTank 4 Sound Library Update 1.2?

Is that correct? i.e. all the other sounds listed would have been supplied with the initial USB installation.
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Postby rlucey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:32 am

Peter,

Long story short, I originally purchased the download version of ST4MAX via upgrade but currently have the usb stick (if you have access to my ticket history you can see why). As such my registration is for the downloadable version, so I have no such notice directing me to these additional downloads and they do not show in my sounds under ST4MAX. I submitted a ticket regarding these missing pianos... my question is why wouldn't support point me to the clearly obvious answer of these additional downloads? Instead I was told to wait for an update? In light of hearing about the actual reason behind the USB space issue, I'm now very puzzled by the response I received. I've been enjoying using one of these missing pianos as my main practice piano for the last week only because I chose to figure out a solution and not wait for an update.

RL
rlucey

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:40 am

Support is experiencing an unusually high ticket volume, I'm sure they would have alerted you to this. However, I'll relay your comments to them so that they can improve going forward with sharing such information.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rlucey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am

They responded to me just fine, but the answer never mentioned the additional downloads... I was just told to wait for a coming ST4 update.
rlucey

Postby rlucey » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:12 pm

This update is mainly to give credit to support where it is due. I reached out to IK_Ryan through a previous ticket and he squared me away with the issue in short order. Thank you!
rlucey

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More