Sampletank 4 crashes Studio One 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 crashes Studio One 4

Postby mostoff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm

I have SampleTank 3 (Vst3) installed and it runs with no problem.
Today I installed SampleTank 4 and it completely crashes and closes the DAW whenever I try to open it. I tried with Vst2 and Vst3 and the same happens.
Any idea how to overcome this?
Thank you
mostoff

Re: Sampletank 4 crashes Studio One 4

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:02 pm

Hello mostoff and welcome to the forums.

It would be best if you submit a support request to Official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ as this is a user to user forum and your issue will be best dealt with one-to-one with support.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Before you open the ticket, also make sure you have installed the sound library updates and then version 4.0.2 that were posted to your IK User Area later in the day yesterday.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HALFNHALF » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 pm

Same thing. Studio One 4 on Windows 10 crashes instantly when attempting to open Sampletank 4.
HALFNHALF

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 pm

HALFNHALF wrote:Same thing. Studio One 4 on Windows 10 crashes instantly when attempting to open Sampletank 4.

If you've followed what I outline above and still have this issue please also open a ticket with IK Support so they can troubleshoot with you directly and resolve your issue via official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BobF3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:59 pm

Not bragging, but no crashes here with ST4/Win10/Studio One 4P
BobF3

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:13 am

BobF3 wrote:Not bragging, but no crashes here with ST4/Win10/Studio One 4P

:evil:

:D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby peterle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 am

A crash on all DAW's I had after I had not installed the main program of ST4 on drive C:, but had chosen a different path.
Then the VST DLL will not find the program code.
After reinstalling on the standard path in this respect no more problems.
Hope that helps!
peterle

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:06 am

peterle wrote:A crash on all DAW's I had after I had not installed the main program of ST4 on drive C:, but had chosen a different path.
Then the VST DLL will not find the program code.
After reinstalling on the standard path in this respect no more problems.
Hope that helps!

Have you installed v4.0.2? That should take care of the issue too. Thanks for reporting your experience here, though!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby peterle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:16 am

I happened with directly at 4.0.0 and have repaired the error in the old version.

Of course, now I drive with the current version and unfortunately can not confirm whether it does not show up with this.
peterle

Postby mostoff » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:06 am

In my case I have the program in the default directory in C drive. Only the sample library is on another drive. I only had version 4.02 because I bought the program only yesterday. I'm receiving already help from the support team but not solved yet. Thanks for all the helping comments.
mostoff

Postby Dczimmerman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 pm

I am having the same problem also. The crazy thing is on my laptop (Dell latitude core i7 2.8ghz, 16gb ram) when I try to open ST4 in Studio one 4P it crashes immediately, shuts down, closes out! When im on my core i7 4ghz desktop 32gb ram, it opens right up with no problems what so ever. Now I will say that it was crashing on both computers in S1 but I reinstalled windows 10P and then S1 and ST4 and it now works on my desktop but still does not on my laptop. This is after the new updated version with instrument updates. I feel like it is a problem with conflicting drivers or something along those lines because too many people are having the exact same issue. Hopefully they will get it worked out soon. It certainly is frustrating especially when you have no idea what is causing it! :oops:
Dczimmerman

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm sure IK Support can assist as crashing was fixed in 4.0.2. Since this is not the case for you then can figure out specifically what's happening by troubleshooting directly with you as there are no longer very many crashing issues after the update. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Since OP's support ticket was pre-4.0.2 and this issue is fixed in 4.0.2 the thread has become confusing.

The solution is that if you have any crashing post-4.0.2 (and remember to install the sound library updates too) please open a ticket directly with IK Support and this thread is too confusing for many to keep open.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More