SampleTank 4 MAX - How Many Zip Files?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 MAX - How Many Zip Files?

Postby kendye » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:17 pm

After downloading everything, running the sounds updater and installing the new version (4.0.2), I found that I was missing several samples. I contacted support and still wait a reply.
Now however, as if by magic, a completely new "Guitar Samples Part 11" has appeared in my downloads list (containing the missing guitar samples).

My questions are:-
1. How many zip files should I have at the end of the download process?
2. Could somebody (Peter?) perhaps provide a list of what these should be?

If a list was available for each version, it would be a great help to everyone.
kendye

Re: SampleTank 4 MAX - How Many Zip Files?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi, as long as you've authorized and you see SampleTank 4 MAX in your IK User Area, the dropdown will contain all the files you need to install for that version.

Once installed, there are lists of what is in each version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kendye » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, as long as you've authorized and you see SampleTank 4 MAX in your IK User Area, the dropdown will contain all the files you need to install for that version.

Once installed, there are lists of what is in each version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds

I fully understand that - but if IK are going to add downloads to the list, surely we should be kept updated as we only have a finite time to download samples. And yes, I know six months is a good time, but if you don’t know that you have to go and look in the first place you could miss out on something. I had triple checked that I had downloaded everything but then this just appeared - just the reverse of the Max Instruments Part 2 disappearing when it became redundant.
kendye

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:53 pm

That should be the exception rather than the rule and was fortunately only on the very initial day where they assessed how many had downloaded already and it wasn't many but I surely get your point.

Going forward there is thankfully no need for a list or have things added or removed. Plus there's discussion of a better download/installation manager which would be the best end game!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kendye » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Going forward there is thankfully no need for a list or have things added or removed. Plus there's discussion of a better download/installation manager which would be the best end game!

Agreed - hopefully you can get a download/installation manager up and running fairly soon. I know that using these can save a lot of hassle and there should never be an issue with what might or might not be required.
WRT SampleTank itself - I’ve been using it fairly exclusively on a couple of projects I’m working on at the moment and despite the sample issues I’ve had, I would say that it’s first class. The instruments are superb and I also like the new GUI.
kendye

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More