Rescaleable GUI? [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Rescaleable GUI? [Resolved]

Postby ski88keys » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:48 pm

I can’t seem to rescale the GUI. Anyone else having this issue.

From the website...”with a completely new rescalable interface”

Thanks for any help.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Re: Rescaleable GUI?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:09 pm

I assume this is about SampleTank 4, and yes the GUI is scaleable. I would recommend reporting this to IK Support with system details so that they can troubleshoot for you directly and get it resolved.

The Specs page does note the following which may be applicable:
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:46 pm

I guess I could complain, but the specs do say what you say, and I have an Intel graphics card...so I’m out of luck. Thanks for the reply Peter.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:55 pm

ski88keys wrote:I guess I could complain, but the specs do say what you say, and I have an Intel graphics card...so I’m out of luck. Thanks for the reply Peter.

OpenGL isn't a brand, though, and I believe that many Intel cards (even integrated) support OpenGL 2.

This article seems to cover a lot of their cards/chipsets that do support OpenGL 2. Might even just be a graphics card driver issue. I thought about how often I update my graphics drivers and honestly on my dedicated studio computer it would be infrequently. On the gaming machine, though, I do every time there's a new driver available. In other words, I'd understand if you haven't updated your drivers in a while! :)

Here's the link, forgot it above https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... ivers.html
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
ski88keys wrote:I guess I could complain, but the specs do say what you say, and I have an Intel graphics card...so I’m out of luck. Thanks for the reply Peter.

OpenGL isn't a brand, though, and I believe that many Intel cards (even integrated) support OpenGL 2.

This article seems to cover a lot of their cards/chipsets that do support OpenGL 2. Might even just be a graphics card driver issue. I thought about how often I update my graphics drivers and honestly on my dedicated studio computer it would be infrequently. On the gaming machine, though, I do every time there's a new driver available. In other words, I'd understand if you haven't updated your drivers in a while! :)

Here's the link, forgot it above https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... ivers.html

Wow! Thanks Peter. My card is listed and I will attempt tomorrow. It’s bier time here in Germany! thx and Prost!
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:04 pm

ski88keys wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Wow! Thanks Peter. My card is listed and I will attempt tomorrow. It’s bier time here in Germany! thx and Prost!

Glad I realized I had blathered on and forgot the link originally and then edited it quickly then! It has been a fast and furious few days for sure.

Happy this provided some initial help/support, let me know when you get to try it and I hope it works!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:46 pm

I have an Intel HD Graphics 4600 which has OpenGL 4.3 support. i spent alot of time figuring this out, since OpenGL is new to me. Anyway, still not working, so I did submit a ticket. Thanks for the help Peter. i will post once resolved.
ski88keys

Postby ski88keys » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 pm

I just installed Syntronik, and the GUI is scaleable. So not sure why ST4 won’t. But i do have a ticket in.
ski88keys

Postby ski88keys » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:23 pm

After a couple emails w support, I received this...

Thanks for your email.

Please note, 1366 x 768 is low resolution. It simply requires a higher resolution.

You can resize your Syntronik GUI because it's much smaller than SampleTank 4. We recommend a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or greater.

My laptop is only a few years old, and 1366x768 is the highest resolution. Is anyone able to resize the GUI with 1366 x 768 or lower? Just wondering, because the specs says the GUI is resizeable if you computer supports OpenGL, which mine does. So I am curious about this, and wondering why the this is not stated in the specs if it is truly the case.
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:00 pm

The resolution of SampleTank 4 itself is high (for example higher than Syntronik which may resize at that resolution) so if you are running a smaller screen resolution/size, that will not be large enough to allow proper resizing functionality.

I will suggest that the recommended resolution size be added to the Specs page.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks Peter. Have my laptop hooked up to a large monitor, so it is not a super big deal...but darn...would be better. Bigger is better...to some. Lol
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:26 pm

ski88keys wrote:Thanks Peter. Have my laptop hooked up to a large monitor, so it is not a super big deal...but darn...would be better. Bigger is better...to some. Lol

Hmmm well that's interesting a note though as I would imagine the resizing should work on the larger monitor though, if it isn't that's definitely a red flag. Thanks!

I think my cutoff is 27" for monitor size. That's big enough (and what I have on my gaming machine) for me. The high-DPI screens like the one on my Surface Pro can be a bit of a challenge in their own right, so definitely not a "one size fits all" solution for displays :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Just realized, I have the monitor mimicking the laptop. Bier time now, so I will look at it tomorrow and let you know. BTW...after the update, pianos sound better. Not sure why. So many head scratching moments.

Germany bier time! Prost!
ski88keys

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 pm

ski88keys wrote:Just realized, I have the monitor mimicking the laptop. Bier time now, so I will look at it tomorrow and let you know. BTW...after the update, pianos sound better. Not sure why. So many head scratching moments.

Prost!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
ski88keys wrote:Just realized, I have the monitor mimicking the laptop. Bier time now, so I will look at it tomorrow and let you know. BTW...after the update, pianos sound better. Not sure why. So many head scratching moments.

Prost!

Peter, I am Prosting as usual for an evening ending in Y. Today I did run my monitor alone and presto...full screen ST4. Hurray!
ski88keys

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More