SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby andrewfa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Here is a list and status of current issues:

[list=1]
[*]Imported/Legacy instruments' location [adding new set of icons to clarify differentiation between ST4/ST3 imports and also modifying their placement within the interface to be more clear]

Thanks Peter! Do you know if this means we’ll see imports grouped like under a “Samplemoog” folder for example?
andrewfa

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi

I will wait until these issues are resolved. Patience is the key. ;)

What are these corrupted dmg files as i downloaded last night and where do i find them??

All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby krisindia » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

And definitely some changes to improve legibility and display contrast of the app on screen. And option to show only activated libraries on screen rather than the whole list with locks on them
krisindia

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

betech01 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Here is a list and status of current issues:
[*]Two corrupted sound download ZIP/DMG files [replaced this morning, notated with "b" for users who already had downloaded the previous versions)

I find two ZIP download file updates for:
ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3_b.zip
ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4_b.zip

I find two DMG download file updates for:
ST4_Woodwinds_Samples_Part1_b.dmg
ST4_Woodwinds_Samples_Part2_b.dmg

Please confirm...

Edited!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby frama78 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:48 pm

So, Ive installed ST4 (Std). There are lots of Instruments listed, which are part of ST Max obviously.

Now, is there a solution to show only the available/installed instruments? It´s a little annoying to get an error on over 50% of the Instruments. ;)
frama78

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:56 pm

frama78 wrote:So, Ive installed ST4 (Std). There are lots of Instruments listed, which are part of ST Max obviously.

Now, is there a solution to show only the available/installed instruments? It´s a little annoying to get an error on over 50% of the Instruments. ;)

If you click the arrow next to "Libraries" you should see the following options: "Show Authorized Libraries" "Show unauthorized Libraries" and "Show All Libraries"
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rlucey » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Is there an option to default to "show authorized libraries only"

Not a huge deal but it's annoying having to do that every session.
rlucey

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi Betech01
I have looked at my list from last night and you are right about the ST4 Strings part 3 and 4 b

My ST4 Woodwinds do not say b at the end and i have compared the content and the gigs and bytes match that of last nights download.
For now I have replaced the Strings and the properties are also different. So they have changed.

I do not not if any other little b's are lurking in the shadows. :shock:
All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby silver-machine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi Betech
Thanks for the info ,also Peter.
I have done the Windows side and that checks out with what you are saying.
Before installing i will wait until the end of the week for 4.02 or 3.

All the best
john
silver-machine

Postby lorne.white » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
frama78 wrote:So, Ive installed ST4 (Std). There are lots of Instruments listed, which are part of ST Max obviously.

If you click the arrow next to "Libraries" you should see the following options: "Show Authorized Libraries" "Show unauthorized Libraries" and "Show All Libraries"

Even with the Show Authorized I am getting files missing for ST4 Full

How large is your content folder without any of the ST3 content? I am only around 65G and assumed it was around 100G of new ST4 content.

I question this with Tech support. Still waiting on an answer.
lorne.white

Postby richmn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:29 am

I finally got through my MAX installs and finally trying some sounds - so far so good!
I appreciate the update from Peter on forthcoming fixes and known issues. While I look forward to getting to the actual sounds after the duplicate problem is addressed, my first impressions include:

I'm not sure yet but I sense that the ST4 updates could result in me not even needing to open Syntronik 4 Standalone anymore - cool!

I like the ability to use the appregiator on Sampletank as well as the search feature carried over from Syntronik!

I love the ability to resize the SampleTank 4 window, but that seems to have gone with 4.0.1...I look forward to it coming back!

I love the 'Macros' in the description of each instrument that map to my Keys I/O knobs without additional 'learning' - AWESOME!

I like that the pads seem to pre-map to my Keys I/O's 8 pads.

I don't like what has happened to text readability. The text, especially on screens that are not the Syntronik-like instrument browser, is hard to read. I'd like a 'high contrast' configuration option, or a slider to adjust the contrast of the text.

I love the - show authorized / show unauthorized / show all - toggle!
*This should default to "show authorized only" - the first priority should be to delight the customer not push more sales! I know why they do it, but it's obvious marketing (gross!) and does not support the best customer experience and loyalty. The default option should not result in more scrolling, especially for those of us who went 'all-in' and bought MAX...
(Did a CX review indicate that it was valuable to a customer to have to scroll past Syntronik Free 'locked' every day as a default choice... when I already own Syntronik?)

I like the ability to store libraries in different locations. I ended up moving my ST3 Libraries to a Samsung Fit Plus USB stick and they appear to load at a similar speed as my laptop SSD. I installed the ST4 libraries to my laptop which equal 175GB (I'm pretty sure I installed everything in MAX - what have I missed with 200+GB of all-new sounds? ).

I'm looking forward to enjoying more once we get 4.0.2 and other tweaks that follow!
richmn

Postby rlucey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:16 am

richmn wrote:I love the - show authorized / show unauthorized / show all - toggle!
*This should default to "show authorized only" - the first priority should be to delight the customer not push more sales!

I mentioned it before, but it didn't get any traction, so I'm quoting this guy!
rlucey

Postby andrewfa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:12 am

rlucey wrote:
richmn wrote:I love the - show authorized / show unauthorized / show all - toggle!
*This should default to "show authorized only" - the first priority should be to delight the customer not push more sales!

I mentioned it before, but it didn't get any traction, so I'm quoting this guy!

Yes, or at least remember the state we leave it in. So annoying to select that every time I open the plugin.
andrewfa

Postby frama78 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:43 am

lorne.white wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Even with the Show Authorized I am getting files missing for ST4 Full

How large is your content folder without any of the ST3 content? I am only around 65G and assumed it was around 100G of new ST4 content.

that´s exactly my question.

So, if I´m on "Show authorized only", all of the Instuments I see should run?
SPOILER: the most don´t.
frama78

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 am

[mod redaction - please review rules, specifically those about reposting direct personal correspondence]
tommy@paabel.ee

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More