Multiple Instrument Entries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Multiple Instrument Entries

Postby NeilDennison » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Ok half my own fault this issue, I've raised a support ticket, but thought I'd put it here in case anyone else has done this.

While installing the downloads the first one I downloaded was 'SampleTank 4 MAX Instruments' I foolishly assumed that this was some sounds and when I tried to play any ST4 instruments it threw an error about the files not being there... So I installed SampleTank 4 MAX Instruments again... still no sounds, so for good measure I installed it again :roll: (I was excited ok).

I then realised that this file must be like an index of instruments. When I then did start downloading and installing more stuff I realised that every ST4 instrument was now listed 3 times in the instrument browser. Does anyone know of a file that I can delete to reset this instrument list and re-index or similar.

Thanks

[mod redacted: Unnecessary, uncivil, and please review other rules]
AMD 3900x/6800XT/X570/NVME's
NI Kontrol S88, Maschine Studio & Jam, iRig Keys Pro, HD2, Stomp I/O
Cubase 12/IK Total Studio/NI Komplete/Arturia V 9/Waves Platinum/Plug In Alliance/Roland Cloud/Korg Collection/UVI VV/plus a ton of other random stuff
NeilDennison

Re: Multiple Instrument Entries

Postby johnhines » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:42 am

I am experiencing the same issue. Each instrument under the SampleTank 4 library is listed 3 times.
johnhines

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:19 am

Please report this issue to IK Support as they'll likely know how to reverse installing the same file multiple times. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NeilDennison » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 am

I’m glad it’s someone else as well. When I checked my install logs I only tried to install the first download twice so I don’t think that is the root cause. I’ve also removed and recreated the instrument DB file and that didn’t fix it. I have already raised a ticket just waiting for a response.
Cubase 12/IK Total Studio/NI Komplete/Arturia V 9/Waves Platinum/Plug In Alliance/Roland Cloud/Korg Collection/UVI VV/plus a ton of other random stuff
NeilDennison

Postby frank67uk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:12 pm

I've had the same problem too.. Be grateful if you would share IK's response once you hear back .. Thanks :-)
frank67uk

Postby mannixguy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:31 am

I'm having the same issue also.
mannixguy

Postby steffen.fahl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm

... same problem.
It is obviously a quite common problem for many who just installed ST 4 (also vividly discussed in the ST4 Thread of the KVR).
It seems to be worth to work for and publish a public solution.
steffen.fahl

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

steffen.fahl wrote:... same problem.
It is obviously a quite common problem for many who just installed ST 4 (also vividly discussed in the ST4 Thread of the KVR).
It seems to be worth to work for and publish a public solution.

If support are aware (seems to have been reported to them from moderators here and users in the ticket system) there will be a solution coming. Thank you.

For the fastest status and solution, though, support would have that knowledge first which is why the people with tickets will likely know first. That's a main reason to report it but at this point there are multiple reports so it shouldn't be long to get it fixed and a status when it is.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Colinsalubre » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:12 pm

So, I feel less alone...
8-)
Colinsalubre

Postby nmortho » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Same problem here. I only installed each instrument once, but each ST4 instrument is listed three times. My SampleTank 3 Free instruments are listed twice each. The Grid, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Philharmonic 2 CE, all of the Syntronic instruments, and the additional instruments on the left side "Library" column are all OK too. I've checked my file structure and I don't see three copies of the repeated instruments in ST4 or in MP2-CE.
nmortho

Postby NeilDennison » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Ok cross matching my install against the post above I have exactly the same duplication (ie. 3 x ST4 content, and 2 x ST3 free content). I did raise a ticket on Friday but have heard nothing yet apart from the automated response. With a large software release on a Friday I would have expected a full dev/support team working the weekend; I know my teams do when we release software so seems a bit strange if IK are not working the weekend. :roll:
NeilDennison

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 pm

I saw on KvR that Technical Support is at work this week-end.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
zzz00m wrote:I think it's safe to say that 100% of the folks reporting problems here on the forum have problems.

It remains to be seen how widespread real issues actually are. I'm willing to bet the majority are DAW compatibility issues, as is typically the case with new plugins. I'm actually referring to real problems here, not dissatisfaction with the workflow and design changes, or the size & number of download files.

I feel sorry for the IK support techs when they open up their ticket queue on Monday morning! :help:

That first line... Yes, 100% of the people reporting problems do have problems. But not to joke too much as it is frustrating for them, and those problems will be fixed. I just chuckled at the way you said it. Reminded me of the line from a movie "60% of the time it works every time". People having issues isn't a funny topic though. They'll be taken care of shortly.

The support team will not be deluged Monday because they definitely are workin the queue hard this weekend too, and I appreciate that they're recreating the problems and reporting them and we've already had an update to the main application but there's definitely still road to travel and I appreciate the patience and understand that there will be frustration and how that might manifest. I'll start slow-cooking that hat and/or crow soon if that helps. But overall, yes they're aware and working hard and want everybody to be satisfied with SampleTank 4. It really does sound great and has some amazing new features and we'll get everybody on track so that they can enjoy all of it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:46 pm

This issue is specifically being worked on too, in case that wasn't clear.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More