Syntronik: Love At First...Ehm...Hearing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik: Love At First...Ehm...Hearing

Postby Almuzura » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 am

I fell in love with Syntronik as soon as I played the first note in the free version. And that was right after I had bought -sigh- Analog Lab by Arturia. To me, having tried the 2 pieces of software side by side, there is no comparison: Analog Lab doesn't convince me while Syntronik is a joy to play and I get deeply involved with it unlike with Arturia's software.

I wanted to ask you guys if any of you had any experience with those 2 pieces of software, what were your thoughts about them and if you think I should get rid of Analog Lab and get the full version of Syntronik instead (which happens to be on sale right now).

Thank you everybody!
Almuzura

Re: Syntronik: Love At First...Ehm...Hearing

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 am

Hi Almuzura

I have both and I often find myself reaching for Syntronik first. I guess it all depends on how much you use synths in your music making as to what you do next. ;)

But yes, at the moment, the reduced price of Syntronik makes it an absolute steal.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Even if I didn't work for IK, the Krazy Deal on Syntronik right now would be too good to pass up. While people are quick to point out what they feel are alleged flaws in sample-based products, Syntronik was so deeply sampled and by such talented people that know these synths intimately - plus the modeled filters and the great interface and features like the arpeggiator and layering that make it a joy to use... well all of that combined makes it a no-brainer to me regardless.

I'm also a big fan of Erik Norlander who really brought Syntronik (and also co-designed UNO Synth which is a masterpiece in its own right) to us so that's more of a bias for than working for IK. If you are not familiar, he is not only a very accomplished recording and touring keyboard player but he was one of the leads who created the famed Andromeda A6 (which is available in Syntronik, so you know it is accurate as that was and is a labor of love for Erik) and who owns most of the synths that are in Syntronik. He also happens to own some of the most sought-after synths and keyboard instruments and he is extremely meticulous about their renovation and maintenance (as well as always finding "THAT ONE" that is perfect for him in the first place) - and we were able to sample many of those from his private collection for SampleTank 4 as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ski88keys » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:31 pm

And with Jam Points, you can get it for $49.99. I just did. What a great deal.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby Almuzura » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello everybody,

thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate. I've just bought the iRig Keys I/O 49 so I will soon have ST3 and the upgrade to ST4, to which I will add Syntronik.

ski88keys wrote:And with Jam Points, you can get it for $49.99. I just did. What a great deal.

I only have 5 Jam Points unless I will get more when I register the I/O 49.
Almuzura

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More