Sampletank 4 dll crush on Fl Studio and Ableton

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 dll crush on Fl Studio and Ableton

Postby leobvar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Here is the thing. I own and installed sampletank 4 MAX, (i have Windows 10) no problem with the standalone version, but when i load the .dll on my DAW (FL Studio), the plugin works fine, but when i try to minimize, or adjust parameters on the wrapper, or close the window of the plugin to continue my project, sampletank 4 lost connection and reset itself and lose all the setting sounds and the preset that i choose, and become totally mute.

So i have to reload the plugin and start from 0 again, the plugin works only if the GUI is open, so i am unable to load 2 instance of the plugin. This happens with the 32 bit version of FL Studio, for my surprise, and in this case the plugin always appers bridged it, and i am not bridget at all .

With the 64 bit version of the DAW, when i minimize the plugin, or set the wrapper or close the window of the GUI, inmediately FL Studio shut down without any message of error.

With Ableton Live 10, happens the same situation of FL Studio 64 bit. So the only thing that works is the standalone version, that in my case, is almost completely nothing. I need that the .dll files works correctly, or at least almost fine so i can be use it on my productions. With sampletank 3 SE i've got some issues, some random crushes, but this is a lot more serious. I'll make a ticket support after post this.

Anyone knows what is the thing with this plugin? Please i need help with this.
leobvar

Re: Sampletank 4 dll crush on Fl Studio and Ableton

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello leobvar and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, as you said, , here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.

All I can offer at the moment is that ST4 standalone program and plug-ins is 64-bit only.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby leobvar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:38 pm

I appreciate the concern and the fast answear. Is there any chance to review the 64 bit plugin on fl Studio or Ableton, by the developer team of sampletank 4. This software is new and i don't know if there are other people with the same issues, but please let me know if someone is working on this. Thanks.
leobvar

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 pm

I have no direct route to Technical Support. The fastest route for you is to raise a Support Ticket, on the link above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby yukibajhiri » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:33 am

Just wanted to chime in here to say that Reaper is also crashing when trying to load in the Sampletank 4 .dll too.
yukibajhiri

Postby peterle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:49 am

I had the same problem with other Daws.

For me it was because I had the main program on a different path (drive E: / ....) installed.
After the reinstallation of ST4 on the default installation path (C: / ....), the plugin now works for example in Studio One and so on.

The VST DLL seems to be tightly linked to the pre-set installation path for the main program.
I hope it helps!
peterle

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:53 am

peterle wrote:For me it was because I had the main program on a different path (drive E: / ....) installed.
After the reinstallation of ST4 on the default installation path (C: / ....), the plugin now works for example in Studio One and so on.

The VST DLL seems to be tightly linked to the pre-set installation path for the main program.
I hope it helps!

Yes, thanks for noting this peterle. It is most certainly the case that the application part of the installation must reside on the main system drive, so that it can be addressed by your DAW host. The sound content can be relocated if required.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby leobvar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Well, after several times of installing, moving files, etc. the dll finally works perfect! I have many vst folders 'cause i have many hard drives in my pc, so i decided to install the whole thing, in my prymary vst folder, in the system hard drive, the only ssd that i have. So that is the simple solution. I didn't mention yesterday, but yes, as i see in a reply in here, the dll must be installed on the standalone folder! So if anyone has the same problem, try it!
leobvar

Postby Colinsalubre » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:02 am

Well, glad to see it could resolve my problem. :idea:
I'll try that this evening... :geek:
What about the vst3 version ? ;)
Should I install the vst3 in the samme folder too ? :?:
I know that all my vst3 are on the first hard drive (the C: one) and I'm not sure it could work anywhere else. :oops:
Wait and see, as usual (work first, pleasure after). :D
Colinsalubre

Postby leobvar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:38 am

The vst3 can be installed in the same default directory as always. It's not necessary to install it on the same folder of the standalone version. That works for me, hope for you too!
leobvar

Postby Colinsalubre » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:09 pm

After total uninstall and reinstall (except the sounds :lol: ) it now works.
The difference is that I didn't change any location set by default.
8-)
Colinsalubre

Postby bluesplayer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 pm

peterle wrote:I had the same problem with other Daws.

For me it was because I had the main program on a different path (drive E: / ....) installed.

I hope it helps!

My experience as well. Except I don't want even that little bit on m y C drive even though I'm drowning in space. (i9-9900K, 64GB ram, 20 TB HDD's and 2TB SDD, RTX 2080Ti). that must be on C drive is the stuff Cakewalk was pulling in its least about 5 or 6 Sonar versions - it really "hacked" me off

means some hacking is in my future to make it work from D drive - Unless IK beats me to it and yes I'll opne up a support ticket.
bluesplayer

Postby bluesplayer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 am

Just a quick techie FYI on this after a little trouble shooting if you want to install to some other drive the only file the ST4 VST is needs to find on the C drive, in the default location, is the 618 MB “SampleTank 4.pak” file in the default path “C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4”

But, for now, if installing to another drive because your ONLY plan was to save valuable solid state drive (SDD) C-drive space, because you are are running one of those tiny 128 GB , 256GB or maybe even 512 MB SDDs as your boot drive, this info won’t help>

It won't help effectively or efficiently help since Sampletank 4 install only installs five other files in that same path. And those five other files, together, only take up an additional ~85 MB’s (the user manual PDF, the standalone .exe, the uninstall.dat and .exe files, and one called “SampleTank 4.app.pak”). So that’s all your saving to get ST4 off your C drive. 85 MB's

BUT, FOR NOW, you could ALSO simply use MKLINK. Install to another drive and then use MKLINK to “fake out” the VST into thinking its finding the info on the default C drive path.

I suspect IK might “fix” this one – we’ll see
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:39 am

If reported and verified yes they will fix. Please report issues to IK Support for assistance and if verified as something global they'll have the devs fix it.

In this case I *think* only the .pak file is the issue but I'd recommend verifying that with IK Support who would verify that and help you with a workaround (and no it won't take up a lot of space at all).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 am

I think that it is by design too. Based on my experience with ST3, Syntronik and T-RackS 5, the VST(i)s can be installed where you wish but they (and the standalone program) reference / use the .pak file which must be in the expected location.

Looking at the files in Explorer: SampleTank 3.pak is 86 MB and Syntronik.pak is 496 MB. I also see that T-RackS 5.pak is 583 MB.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More