SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby andrewfa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:00 pm

unionjack.kotaro wrote:I was using SampleTron & SampleMoog on ST3 by imported instruments.
Now, how can I use that old instruments on ST4 ?
I made ST4 to read SampleTank3 folder at Setting but these instruments not appear.

For me this is THE WORST thing about ST4 - truly unbelievable. Your Imported Instruments might be there, but they are just mixed in with everything else. I see no way at all to just look at SampleMoog and its helpful hierarchy of folders. Believe it or not, I have to have ST3 open to look up SampleMoog intrument names so I can search for them in ST4. If I select NO libraries in the left column (nothing highlighted red), I see an "Imported In..." catagory. In here I see a jumble of my original Philharmonik, SampleMoog, Sonic Synth, Tron Collection, etc. It also doesn't show the copyright info you could see in ST3 so in less you have a superhuman memory you won't know what library any of your imported instuments came from.
andrewfa

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm

You have to declick your previous choice in the library section, because it adds, not changes, librarys when clicking on them (the red shimmer in the name is barely recognizable)! The interface needs an update to show things more clearly.

There are pros and cons for this concept. It is useful if you are looking for similar sounds in different library. The bad thing is, the results do not show from which lib the sound is.
andreas.pratsch

Postby andrewfa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:16 pm

The "declick" thing is very frustrating and unintuitive to me. On computers (for the last several decades) you hold down a modifier key to add to a selection - that would make more sense in ST4. At least give us a preference setting.
andrewfa

Postby gregory.glass » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Agree. Declick is a mind boggling bad UI decision (on a generally very good UI).
gregory.glass

Postby esierka » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Any update on getting the the Strings parts 3 and 4 updated for Windows. They still do not work correctly. I tried the MAC download workaround that was described and while it said the content installed correctly, it does not seem that it did as these sounds are still no where to be found.
esierka

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:09 pm

This is primarily a user to user forum and the Administrators and Moderators here do not have that info.

The best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby samplemaniac » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:11 pm

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:Is it possible in future to buy instruments I'm missing in ST4 one by one ? I do not want the full ST4 Max library, only the drums, basses and organs. This is a bit strange that ST4 has only two drumsets

This is very good idea!! :P
I have ST4 Standard and miss many instruments from Max; Nylon Guitar, Flute etc.

Indeed, for drums, basses and organs, I think ST4 SE is enough because it has all
organs available, only missing Stick bass from ST4 Max!
ST4Max has 4 big drum kits, Standard 2 kits and SE one kit!
samplemaniac

Postby silver-machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi
Anyone with a flawless windows 10 install??
It would also be helpful for a list of all soundfiles and their size so they match what they supposed to be and then we can compare to see if we download what IK Multimedia expects to be sent out.
We could check each folder and it's content size and pick out any rogue downloads.
The same as frames being dropped in a film so to speak.
At the moment with all the differences going on it seems to point to a Heath Robinson job and using people as beta testers.
I am not loading my Sampletank 4 max in until there is a positive green light.I have downloaded everything and will now sit on the fence as I want to get on playing music. :)

All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby hugoagogo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 pm

I'm feeling the same way silver-machine/John... I'm just gonna sit in a holding pattern and wait for some stuff to sort itself out. It doesn't help my situation that I'm not that tech saavy :lol:

...and on that note I'm gonna ask a non-tech saavy question for everyone out there - I purchased SampleTank 4 Max. Does it make sense to uninstall SampleTank3 before I install SampleTank4? I expect all the sounds to be in the bundle I am currently downloading/installing and I don't anticipate needing the ST3 interface anymore. If I'm missing something that is staring right at me, please let me know.

And good luck with everybody and their installs. It must be frustrating to try to work all these bugs out. I think we all appreciate everyone laying out all the specifics of the problems they are encountering - it definitely helps all of us anticipate, and at least breathe a little easier knowing we aren't the only one out there that is having an issue(s)
hugoagogo

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:18 pm

unionjack.kotaro wrote:I was using SampleTron & SampleMoog on ST3 by imported instruments.
Now, how can I use that old instruments on ST4 ?
I made ST4 to read SampleTank3 folder at Setting but these instruments not appear.

You should be able to point to the SampleTank 3 folder in ST4 settings directly (not during installation, you should install SampleTank 4 files in their own location). SampleTank 4 allows for multiple library locations for this reason - you'll see your SampleTank 3 sounds, including any legacy libraries you imported there.

If this isn't working for you, the support team can definitely look at your particular setup and account etc directly and troubleshoot with you to resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi Peter
I get pointing to folders with all the Sampletank 3 sounds, Sytronic and all older Synths if you want.
Have you by any chance downloaded all the stuff and got all working perfectly.
I think we all need a little bit of confidence and I do not hear anyone runnunning at 100% at the moment. I want to hear some success stories on this forum
I put a ticket in last week about that i was willing to pay extra for the USB which makes a lot of sense. Now I have downloaded and stacked all folders on a terrabyte drive. I still have not heard back from that yet.
The release for the weekend was a bad idea as the support are having a weekend off. Nice one!! :shock:
It would of been helpful to have more updates from the support section. :P
Oh well, Rome was not built in a day!!! :D
I suppose we will have to be a little more patient.
It is going to be a pig making a Drive Image. About a week at quantum speed!! :shock: :D
I do think it would be a good idea to have a support person that reads these forums as that could save a lot of jamming up with tickets. Just a thought!! :idea:
All the best
john :)
silver-machine

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm

hugoagogo wrote:Does it make sense to uninstall SampleTank3 before I install SampleTank4? I expect all the sounds to be in the bundle I am currently downloading/installing and I don't anticipate needing the ST3 interface anymore. If I'm missing something that is staring right at me, please let me know.

If you uninstall SampleTank3 and then reopen old projects that used ST3 you will have problems. ST4 is a separate app and will not replace ST3 automatically.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby hugoagogo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:04 pm

garfy wrote:
hugoagogo wrote:Does it make sense to uninstall SampleTank3 before I install SampleTank4? I expect all the sounds to be in the bundle I am currently downloading/installing and I don't anticipate needing the ST3 interface anymore. If I'm missing something that is staring right at me, please let me know.

If you uninstall SampleTank3 and then reopen old projects that used ST3 you will have problems. ST4 is a separate app and will not replace ST3 automatically.

Good to know. Thank you for that!
hugoagogo

Postby silver-machine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi
Just get rid of the Sampletank 3 engine.
You already have the sounds and when you put the Sampletank 4 engine in point to your existing Sampletank 3 files wherever they are.
I think it is the same for all the new sampletank 4 files point to where they are.
I am hanging on for a while to see what support comes up with next week.
There could be more updates if gremlins are found.
All the Best
john
silver-machine

Postby cobna13 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi guys,

I read about the main issues and i m proud to have all of them at the same time :mrgreen:

I fixed the st3 instruments not loading with path error with the advice page 9 of this thread.

I still have all the st4 instruments listed 2 times. I think about uninstalling everything and delete all the st4 files and re install everything, but this is long and ennoying without knowing if it will work. Did somebody tried?

I have the Sample tank 4 regular edition, not the MAX, it s only 74gigs of sound is it right? And there is no new String sound in St4, only the ones from ST3?? That s sad let me know please
cobna13

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More