ST4 Strings Samples

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Strings Samples

Postby Fiatcervisia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Anyone else having trouble with the ST4 Strings Samples? I can unzip the first 2 parts, but parts 3 & 4 are coming up as invalid/corrupted. I've downloaded them twice, and still the same result.
Fiatcervisia

Re: ST4 Strings Samples

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi, I believe these are being fixed as others have reported these files having issues. If you need direct assistance or a status on these files please contact IK Support directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fiatcervisia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks Peter! I'll wait on the corrected files...
Fiatcervisia

Postby safer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 am

Same issue here. I downloaded them twice and tried both 7-zip and WinRAR to unzip them, but both programs report that the archives have errors.
safer

Postby BrianL1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Do we have a possible ETA on this?
BrianL1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:30 pm

BrianL1 wrote:Do we have a possible ETA on this?

If you've opened a ticket with support they may have more information as I do not have information about an ETA on these files. The mods/admins here have reported it to the support team, though, and will share any information we get too. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cobna13 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Is there any new strings sound in Sample tank 4 regular edition (I don t have Max edition).

I can t find any new string sounds, only those from ST3 ST2.5

Is it right or do i mss something?
cobna13

Postby SyntherMD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Good to see a forum thread already started regarding this, because my Strings 3 and 4 are corrupt as well after downloading them twice.
SyntherMD

Postby NeilDennison » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:53 pm

If you are using Windows 10 you get that error when using the internal Extract All from the right click menu. As a workaround, if you use 7zip to open the same zip file you can extract it and install without issue; at least that worked for me.
AMD 3900x/6800XT/X570/NVME's
NI Kontrol S88, Maschine Studio & Jam, iRig Keys Pro, HD2, Stomp I/O
Cubase 12/IK Total Studio/NI Komplete/Arturia V 9/Waves Platinum/Plug In Alliance/Roland Cloud/Korg Collection/UVI VV/plus a ton of other random stuff
NeilDennison

Postby lorne.white » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:12 am

I don't see any strings on my ST4 download page. But I also believe I have major issues with incomplete set. They are working on it.
lorne.white

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:03 pm

lorne.white wrote:I don't see any strings on my ST4 download page. But I also believe I have major issues with incomplete set. They are working on it.

You can see what sounds are included with each version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby safer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:36 am

It looks like the bad files have been replaced. I just downloaded the Windows versions of parts 3 & 4 and got the files ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3_b.zip and ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4_b.zip (notice the "_b" at the end).

The files are slightly larger than the original, corrupted versions and show no errors when decompressing.

I didn't check the same files on the MAC side yet, but I'm not even sure if those files had issues to begin with since I haven't done the whole download/install process yet on my MacBook Pro.

So, if you've been waiting for these files to be fixed go grab 'em!
safer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:25 am

Yes and please note that the SampleTank 4 Status post will be updated with this sort of information so it would be best to keep an eye on that regularly at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20719
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More