a few ST4 download questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

a few ST4 download questions

Postby tokenboomer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:07 pm

1. When I began the process of downloading the content for ST4, I chose an external HD as the designation but my internal HD is also filling up. Why?

2. The ST3 material included in the download switches the designation away from my external HD to this: /users/shared/IKMulimedia/SamperTank3 Why?

3. Re. STA Woodwinds samples parts 1 and 2. Downloading these resulted in the following error message "Installation Aborted. Cannot find any sound content to copy." Redownloading these did not help. Corrupt files?

Thanks
tokenboomer

Re: a few ST4 download questions

Postby Fiatcervisia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm not totally sure about your first two questions, but I was able to download & install the ST4 Woodwinds files just fine. Are you mac or pc?
Fiatcervisia

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 pm

tokenboomer wrote:1. When I began the process of downloading the content for ST4, I chose an external HD as the designation but my internal HD is also filling up. Why?

LIkely due to the answer to #2, but if you mean ONLY the download and not the installation then your browser may be either caching information or not placing the downloads where you instructed. That sounds like it is outside of the IK installation/download process.

2. The ST3 material included in the download switches the designation away from my external HD to this: /users/shared/IKMulimedia/SamperTank3 Why?

If you already have any ST3 content available, that's where any updates or installations of ST3 content will go - it will remember that setting/location.

3. Re. STA Woodwinds samples parts 1 and 2. Downloading these resulted in the following error message "Installation Aborted. Cannot find any sound content to copy." Redownloading these did not help. Corrupt files?

Looks like this was answered below so I suggest you report your trouble to IK Support so they can help you out directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thanks

You're welcome! If the above suggestions, etc do not work or help please do open a ticket with IK Support at the link above for direct and official technical assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Removed reply that was my reply above quoted. Please note the last part of my reply that would suggest opening a ticket with IK Support if the suggestions did not work / did not apply.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More