Amplitube Max and iRig HD2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Max and iRig HD2

Postby bertwaffles » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 am

Hello everyone, finally bought Amplitube Max and also the iRig Hd2. I am running a windows machine:

Specs: NVIDIA GTX 1070, i7 8750 6 core cpu, 32gb RAM, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 512GB SSD, internal audio sound card

I followed the instructions from support to install ASIO and get everything working. There seems to be some cutting in and out as I play...not a lot but it is happening. The latency seems to be pretty good with no delay. My question is that through my headphones (ones that came with teh Samsung s8+) is that what is causing the break in sound? Do I need to buy an external sound card? I just can't seem to get a good tone setup as well. I am looking for recommendations on what I can do to get the best sound of this since I do not own an amp. Or is it the guitar cable? I am looking to start playing again and possibly get in to some neoclassical metal, blues and maybe even country.

Guitar: G&L Asat Classic 2002
bertwaffles

Re: Amplitube Max and iRig HD2

Postby bertwaffles » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 am

It is an MSI Stealth Laptop if that makes any difference or if anyone cares. I also may pick up Reaper and some other things.

What is the ultimate home musician setup (affordable). I just want to jam along to tracks and learn how to play guitar.
bertwaffles

Re: Amplitube Max and iRig HD2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Have you let support know that their suggestions have not resolved your issue? Please do so if you have not and they will continue to assist you with your issue.

Please also see the guidelines for posting at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 especially those with regard to posting with an existing support ticket being worked on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling