...newbee - looking for a simple solution to play at home

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

...newbee - looking for a simple solution to play at home

Postby ethan417 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:42 am

Hi
I have been playing guitar for over 50 years - yeah - I'm getting up there.
Don't laugh, but I only recently learned about simulation software.
I'm a casual player who enjoys playing in a number of styles - rock, ballads, easy jazz. I am looking to model sounds like the Beatles, 60's rock, Hendrix, Motown.
Not into metal.
I just play for myself - don't want to annoy the neighbors.
Don't want to spend forever tweaking the sound.
I am looking to have fun.
I am sensitive to price - $100 would be the sweet spot - if $150 would be by far the best solution - then $150.
Can you suggest a solution
Many thanks to you.
-E
ethan417

Re: ...newbee - looking for a simple solution to play at hom

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:15 am

Hello ethan417 and welcome to the forums.

Do you already own an audio interface that you can plug your guitar and a pair of headphones into? If so, then download AmpliTube Custom Shop (you can find it in your User Area) and try out what you can get for spending no money.

If you like how it works then you can spend your budget on buying some add-on packs (if you want Hendrix-style sounds then the Hendrix pack will fit the bill) or you can buy individual components from the Custom Shop, just like walking into a music store.

However, if you haven't got an interface then you need to invest in one of those first which will take most of your budget unfortunately.

Let us know what you've got and we'll try to give you some more advice.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ethan417 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:51 pm

I own a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

FYI - I loaded the free version of the Custom Shop. I probably misunderstood - but I thought it was a trial version that I could play with.

When I open the software - all I see are ads.

Probably did something wrong. Thoughts?
ethan417

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 pm

ethan417 wrote:I own a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Great stuff.

ethan417 wrote:I loaded the free version of the Custom Shop. I probably misunderstood - but I thought it was a trial version that I could play with.

When I open the software - all I see are ads.

Ok, that sounds like you've opened the actual Custom Shop app. This is the 'shop' to trial, buy and download gear for AmpliTube (as well as T-RacKs and SampleTank) and the 'ads' you see are for all the gear you can buy from it.

Hopefully on your system (you don't say if you have Windows or macOS) you'll also have installed an app called AmpliTube 4. If not, you'll see it in your User Area to download and install.

Once this is installed, you'll need to authorise it (using the Authorisation Manager app that will also have been installed and your serial number from your User Area) and when you open AmpliTube make sure you have selected the 2i2 as the input and output device in the Audio MIDI Setup.

You should now find that you can use the included free collection of gear (a digital chromatic tuner, 9 stomps, 4 amps, 5 cabs, 3 mics, 2 rack effects) to give you a flavour of the software.

Then it's up to you what you do. You can stick with the free version and add more gear to it on an ad-hoc basis from the shop, or upgrade to the Standard, Deluxe or Max packages to increase the amount of options you have.

Click on this link to get all more details https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... ustom-shop

Hope that helps, but post back if you need any other info.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling