AT3 not working with fruity loops

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT3 not working with fruity loops

Postby john@bluecollarirons.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 am

Maybe someone can help me out here.
My AT 3 is working standalone. Im using an Xbox. Alll my inputs and outputs are Mbox. But when I open in FL12 or Reaper Im getting no signal. I can hear my guitar through the speakers being powered by the preamp in the interface but its not going through the AT3.
I have a mac with the latest OS. Also my addictive drummer is not working at all. Im just getting a black screen (window) and its the same in the DAWS but the window is a blank white screen. Not sure if the two are related. I tried reinstalling both,,,
john@bluecollarirons.com

Re: AT3 not working with fruity loops

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 am

Hello John and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, I would advise you to change your user name to something other than your email address, as this will potentially open you up to spammers.

Now, with regards to your issues:

john@bluecollarirons.com wrote:I have a mac with the latest OS. Also my addictive drummer is not working at all. Im just getting a black screen (window) and its the same in the DAWS but the window is a blank white screen.

I believe that this may be a separate problem (though I may be wrong). If you have Addictive Drums 1 then this is a known issue with the software and any macOS newer than High Sierra.

john@bluecollarirons.com wrote: But when I open in FL12 or Reaper Im getting no signal. I can hear my guitar through the speakers being powered by the preamp in the interface but its not going through the AT3.

Do you mean you aren't seeing an input signal in AT3? If so, have you definitely got your interface selected in your DAW?

Or is it that you just can't hear the effect of the sims? Depending on the DAW and type of MBox, is there some kind of direct vs software monitoring that you need to check to hear the output of your DAW?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby john@bluecollarirons.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the tip on the addictive drummer. I had a feeling it was the os update. I hate Mac now. It used to be great. Now with every new product and update it sucks more and more.
Now for AT3. My mbox is selected in the “sounds” portion of my guitar settings and also in both DAWS. And yes. I’m getting no signal through AmpliTube. I can hear my guitar coming through the speakers but it’s just the little preamp in the interface. It’s not actually coming through AmpliTube. So the bottom section of the amp where it has the noise gate (threshold etc) input and output knobs, I’m showing no signal there. So the little level indicator is not lighting up when I play a note. I wonder if this too is the new OS
john@bluecollarirons.com

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Every platform and OS has its downsides...

As for your issue, you may have fallen foul of the new Privacy settings in Mojave.

Apparently (and counterintuitively) you need to go into the Privacy settings in System Preferences and allow the microphone to be accessed. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be checked as I'm still on Sierra, but this has been the solution for most issues on Mojave, whether it is an AI or the in-built mic.

Let us know if that fixes it, hopefully it does.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling