AmpliTube 4 crashes when switching to ASIO [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 crashes when switching to ASIO [Resolved]

Postby castle_bravo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:13 pm

I have a problem with the stand-alone version of AmpliTube 4. When I select technology "ASIO" in "Settings"/"Audio MIDI Setup..", then AmpliTube crashes, or sometimes it shows an error message about the Steinberg software "Asio DirectX Full-Duplex" (that I never used, but which seems to be installed as part of my Cubase installation).

I do have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface, and everything works fine with Cubase and any other software that I have. The AmpliTube 4 VST plugin also works properly inside Cubase.

I'd really like to use the AmpliTube 4 standalone software as well. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
castle_bravo

Re: AmpliTube 4 crashes when switching to ASIO

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello castle_bravo and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else with a similar set-up may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help. And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby castle_bravo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello DarkStar,

Thank you very much for your input, I submitted a support ticket. I posted in this forum, mainly to see if anyone else has experienced something similar (the forum search shows some but very few similar entries).

I am a little bit puzzled about this problem, as I think that I have a pretty standard computer / audio setup (Windows 10, Focusrite USB, Cubase etc..) that works flawlessly with all kinds of software. Usually in such a case, a google search shows many hits with people having the same issue, but here this is not the case.
castle_bravo

Postby edmundtownes » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm also running Windows and using a Scarlett 2i2. I use Focusrite's driver and select Focusrite's USB in Amplitube's audio settings window. I have the fewest issues when using the Focusrite's Asio driver.
edmundtownes

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:33 am

Hi, please make sure you read the new forum guidelines. In the case of this topic, if you have a support ticket open you must post the ticket number here. If they are currently assisting you they will surely continue to do so in order to fix the issue so please see the post I've linked below to see how these posts will be more efficiently handled here now.

Thank you!

Here is the post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 (note item #2 in particular)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby castle_bravo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:13 am

Dear Peter_IK,

I got a quick reply from IK Multimedia support, and they provided a fix that solves the problem. It seems, that something in my setup confuses AmpliTube's ASIO device detection mechanism.

This was the provided solution:

[Mod Redacted: Please review the forum rules with regard to discussing/posting any direct correspondence from IK Support.]

In my case (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) the correct audio device name is "Focusrite USB ASIO". With this, AmpliTube finds the correct ASIO driver, and everything is working fine. I guess someone can add the "[RESOLVED]" to the thread title.
castle_bravo

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling