This error message pops up when trying to update Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

This error message pops up when trying to update Amplitube

Postby nagol5178 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm

When I try to update AmpliTube and click download for my Mac I get this message.

nagol5178

Re: This error message pops up when trying to update Amplitu

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

There's something spooky going on here.

I tried to replicate the issue and had this message pop up against AT4 but all of my other products started to download fine. Went back to AT4 and the download started fine on the second attempt.

Looks like someone is having similar issues in the T-Racks forum as well.

If you continue to get the message I would send a ticket into IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby nagol5178 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

garfy wrote:There's something spooky going on here.

I tried to replicate the issue and had this message pop up against AT4 but all of my other products started to download fine. Went back to AT4 and the download started fine on the second attempt.

Looks like someone is having similar issues in the T-Racks forum as well.

If you continue to get the message I would send a ticket into IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thank you for the response. Let me verify; you have in fact seen the same message? It looks like the website has been redone, at least the main website. Did this happen after that for you? Do you have the link to the T Racks thread?
nagol5178

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 pm

If you haven't cleared IK-related cookies and all cache (and restarted your browser) since the new site was released, you must do so. If that doesn't work please report your issue to IK Support as the mods, admins, or users of this forum are not going to be able to resolve this issue directly with you but support can work with the web/IT team and troubleshoot directly with you to resolve this. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:28 pm

nagol5178 wrote: you have in fact seen the same message?

Yes, just once. I then went back to my User Area>Products page where I could successfully download everything, including AT4

nagol5178 wrote: It looks like the website has been redone, at least the main website.

Yes, the website had an update/refresh a couple of weeks ago.

nagol5178 wrote:Did this happen after that for you?

It happened after you posted having a problem as I then went to replicate it.

nagol5178 wrote:Do you have the link to the T Racks thread?

Here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19433"
garfy

Postby nagol5178 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:52 pm

I also have a new Amplitube Metal showing up which it says was registered yesterday. I do have Amplitube Metal but I got it years ago; it also shows up on down the page but a new one shows up with a new serial number that says it was registered yesterday. I definitely didn't purchase another copy.

In fact I only got a free copy that came with buying an interface. But I didn't need it as I already have all the amps it comes with.

Most of them say Serial/license before release notes. The new Amplitube Metal doesn't show the Serial/license button. It does show the Serial number after the icon like all the rest do.

Why would I suddenly have two Amplitube Metals?

The message went away that I originally posted about but I'm still scared to update my Amplitube because that seemed weird and then having a new Amplitube metal registered yesterday seems weird.
nagol5178

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

That may be from the hardware, it would show up automatically based on that registration. Please ask these questions to support as they will be able to look directly at your account and advise properly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

nagol5178 wrote:Why would I suddenly have two Amplitube Metals?

That is a little weird. I would suggest that you follow Peter IK's advice and put a ticket into support.
garfy

Postby nagol5178 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:That may be from the hardware, it would show up automatically based on that registration. Please ask these questions to support as they will be able to look directly at your account and advise properly.

I will go to support. I did not use the hardware that came with AmpliTube metal or anything in years. I have only opened Amplitube 4 on my computer as I always do. It shows the normal Amplitube Metal from years ago but then there is a new one registered yesterday.

Not really a problem I don't guess. As I said it doesn't have the Serial/License button under it like every other product does in my user area. Not sure why.

I suspect this is due to the new website or something. At least the initial warning that started the forum is gone because that didn't sound good.
nagol5178

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling