Trying to download Ampeg but it's giving me amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Trying to download Ampeg but it's giving me amplitube 4

Postby NeilCartmell » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello. I purchased, downloaded and installed amplitube 4 earlier today. Now I'm trying to install ampeg svx 1. I put the serial number into the product manager, and ampeg came up correctly. I clicked the download button and it took to a page saying download ampeg. Then I click the link that says download ampeg and the file it makes me download is amplitube 4. The exact same name a the amplitube 4.

I need to download ampeg. What can I do?
NeilCartmell

Re: Trying to download Ampeg but it's giving me amplitube 4

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello an welcome to the forum.

Ampeg SVX is a bundle of gear models that are loaded in AmpliTube. It is not a separate program. (Years ago, it used to be.)

Image . Image

You've already installed AmpliTube and the Custom Shop(?). Use the Authorization Manager to authorize AmpliTube and your Ampeg SVX (the Serial Numbers should be in your User Area/ My Products section. Start the Custom Shop program, log in and select Gear >> "Restore My Gear" - that should make those gear models available.

Close both programs, Start AmpliTube (standalone or as a plug-in in a DAW) and check to see what gear you have available to you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby NeilCartmell » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you. I understand now.

Before I saw your reply I thought I would just try and installing the new version of amplitube it was telilng me to download, so I just did that, and the bass amps were there. So everything seems okay.

Thanks again for replying so quickly.
NeilCartmell

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Good oh! :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling