Authorization: Which Amplitube Serial to use?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Authorization: Which Amplitube Serial to use?

Postby fgrossi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi All
I 've recently bought iRig PRo I/O and I was given some SW licenses I can use.

Above all, I see two different apps:
- Amplitube 4
- AmpliTube Custom Shop

They are linking exactly to the same installation file, but they have different serial number...
Which one should I use? both?

I used the C.S. one at the moment, and I got VST plugin only installed on my PC (I'm actually missing the desktop apps... I just have "Custom Shop" icon on my Desktop) maybe it does have something to do with the registration?

Unfortunately my DAW runs on 32bit, so I really need the desktop app

Thanks in advance
fgrossi

Re: Authorization: Which Amplitube Serial to use?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello fgrossi and welcome to the forum.

You should use the "AmpliTube 4" serial number - that will make all the AT4 gear available to you. Enter it using the Authorization Manager.

"AmpliTube Custom Shop" is the AT4 plus a few gear models, plus the Custom Shop program. The latter is a separate program that you can use to try out or purchase other gear models.You should still use it even after you have Authorized AT4 as there could be even more gear models that you want.

NB After you have Authorized AT4 with that other serial number, you may need to do a "Gear > Restore my gear" in Custom Shop to get the gear to appear in AT4.

I thought that the AT4 installer automatically installed the standalone AT4 program and a desktop shortcut icon. If not, then Rerun the installer and make sure you select it.

PS AT4 is 64-bit only, so the plug-in will need a software bridge in your DAW. Wwhich one are you using?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fgrossi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi DarkStar, wow, thanks a lot for the prompt answer :D

I'm still using an old Cubase-5 DAW (32bit) on Windows-10 (64bit)

(the original idea was to use that in conjunction with the iPad app, sharing same presets etc, but then I discovered that they are totally independent, so I'll need to run both apps one aside the other and manually apply same settings, from an app GUI to the other)

Cheers
fgrossi

Postby fgrossi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 am

Hi
I followed your step.
Now I have also the standalone SW installed BUT... nothing changed in the app, and the authorization code is still the CS one...
I tried uninstalling all SW. re-installed Authorization manager, enable full Amplitube license, reinstall amplitube, same result

any clue? :oops:
fgrossi

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am

DarkStar wrote:
NB After you have Authorized AT4 with that other serial number, you may need to do a "Gear > Restore my gear" in Custom Shop to get the gear to appear in AT4.
?

Did you complete this step as DarkStar suggested?

It has been noted by some users that serial numbers don't change in the software, but if you do a restore my gear in the Custom Shop it should all tie back together via your IK account (rather than what your software says). It's quirky ;)

If you are still having the same problem after restore my gear, it's probably worth putting a ticket in with IK support as this may be specific to your system. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby fgrossi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi, thanks for replying.
Yes, I did.

both serials authorizations moved from "10" to "9" in my product page.

let's keep it simple, how to understand if the app i'm using is Amplitube or Amplitube CS?

I'm a new user, using it for the very first time, and I cannot discriminate between them :P

For sure all amps seems locked except the "AmpliTube free" section, not sure if it helps.

Cheers
fgrossi

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:22 pm

fgrossi wrote:Hi, thanks for replying.
let's keep it simple, how to understand if the app i'm using is Amplitube or Amplitube CS?

It's tricky, as a lot of the functionality is in both. I think (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) one of the main differences of the apps, separate to the model content, is that in the CS version you can't use Stomps in the Rack at the end of the chain. If you try, it will either come up with a message saying that you can't do that, therefore you are running in CS, or it'll do it and you're running the full version.
garfy

Postby fgrossi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks again.
I'm start wondering what is the real added value between the two :lol: however I did the test, and I see Rack unit only in the rack section, no way to inserts stomp-boxes, so I might still be in "CS" mode.

I'm opening a ticket to the support guy, let's see...

bye
fgrossi

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:34 pm

If they are all locked except the "free" ones it sounds like it is using the AT4 CS serial number. Click on the padlock in the lower-left corner - that will open the Authorisation Manager and show you the Serial Number in use. Check that against those in your User Area / My Products section.

If so, contact Support, as garfy suggested, for guidance in replacing your "CS" Authorisation by the "Full" one. And, to help others, please let us know what the process is. (I have never done it, and I'll guess that garfy hasn't either :))
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:46 pm

DarkStar wrote:(I have never done it, and I'll guess that garfy hasn't either :))

Funnily enough DarkStar, I have. Went from AT4CS to MAX, used the authoriser with new serial number, did a Restore My Gear and all was good. BUT, AT4 is still showing my CS serial on the padlock in the app. Have never had a problem though so have not pursued why.
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Hmm ;), weird. Let's see what Support say.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby fgrossi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:31 pm

posting customer support answer:

"Do note that it will stay AmpliTube Custom Shop/CS but your modules will still be accessible within the application."

this is confusing me even more... (My models? STILL be available?)
fgrossi

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:07 pm

I reckon that you will have all the AT4 gear models, not just the free ones. Check that you have all of these listed:
Edit: My mistake, not all gear models in AT4 are available in the Custom Shop

Start Custom Shop, login to your Account, select the AmpliTube section, click [Gear] and select "My Gear". There you should see the gear models that you currently have and their purchase date(s).

I agree that it will still "stay AmpliTube Custom Shop" is confusing.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Hey Guys,

Let's see if I can help clear the air here.

In all IK Multimedia user accounts, there will be an AmpliTube 4 CS (Custom Shop) serial number. This comes with a free software download. This serial number will only unlock the AmpliTube 4 CS gear. Check out the link below for a list of what should unlock.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... -shop-gear

*This software download will be the same as any other 'AmpliTube 4' download. The download under each of these AmpliTube instances (AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Metal, AmpliTube Fender, etc.) will just be the 'AmpliTube' shell software. This can be expanded upon either through individual gear or full collections like AmpliTube 4 using a serial number or the Custom Shop.

For users who own other collections of AmpliTube, like AmpliTube 4 for example. Make sure for first time use to open the Authorization Manager and insert your new product serial number. Once done, the gear and functions for AmpliTube 4 should unlock. See the below link for what gear should unlock here.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... 4cs-gearin

*If after inserting this AmpliTube 4 serial number any of the gear int he link above is missing. Follow up with our support team here.

After initial authorization, your collections will be listed to your IK Multimedia account. This means you can use the Custom Shop to authorize your gear again if necessary without inserting a serial number. To unlock your gear using the Custom Shop use the 'Restore' option under the 'Gear' drop down menu.

*To see your owned gear look in the Custom Shop's 'Gear' drop down menu's 'My Gear' option. There will also be product listings in your the User Area -> My Products section (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) of your IK Multimedia account.

Now that your gear is linked to your account. The serial number shown in the Authorization Manager (after clicking the 'Lock' icon in AmpliTube) may show the AmpliTube 4 CS or AmpliTube 4 serial. Do not worry if you see the 'CS' serial if you own the full version of AmpliTube 4 or any collections. As long as your gear is shown as unlocked you should be good to go.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby fgrossi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi,
thanks for clarifying

So I confirm that, despite the fact thay I activated Amplitube and restored my gears, I do have basic Amplitebe-CS gears only.

I opened a ticket and they answered A,mplitube is unlocked even if IO still see the CS setrial number, but so it seem snot the case :(
fgrossi

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling