Amplitube Stomp box wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Stomp box wishlist

Postby dakfat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:11 pm

A ring modulator : The Moog Mooger Fooger Ring modulator would be tops

A good fuzz emulation : A Zvex Fuzz Factory or a Red Witch Fuzz God II. So far, none of the fuzzes in Amplitube sound convincing to me

A licensed Whammy 5 or Whammy DT, the whamulator is alright, but could be improved

A Talk box

A dedicated bass distortion and FUZZ pedal. The one included with Ampeg collection does not really cut it to me.

Models of any of the Way Huge pedals, ie: The swolen pickle

What do you guys think ? Anything you would add ?
Last edited by dakfat on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakfat

Re: Amplitube Stomp box wishlist

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey Triggerthehorizon,

Thanks for starting the conversation here!

These comments have been passed to the correct persons.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby carlaz » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 pm

We definitely need a ring-modulator so that we can obsessively, geekily try to emulate the solo tones in Black Sabbath's "Paranoid". :ugeek: 8-)

Needless to say (though it has in fact been said many times before in other threads :lol: ), we also need at least one treble-booster (if not more). We have some very cool and relatively recent/up-to-date vintage amp models (e.g. the Red Pig, the JH Gold, the OR120, etc.), but loads of vintage players hit those kinds of amps with treble boosters back in the day, and though distortion/overdrive pedals later kind of crowded the treble-boosters out of the market, they are a key element in many vintage tones.

A talk box would be frickin' cool, though technically that requires you to have a plastic tube running from your mouth into the unit with the speaker(s) and All That ... which is difficult to replicate in a purely digital form. I can imagine some kind of plugin that lets you route an audio signal such as from a microphone into a digital "talk box" model, and that might perhaps let you essentially replicate the effect .... In fact, I should imagine that such things already exist (but I just don't know about them). However, it seems a bit complicated to make happen within the existing parameters of the Amplitube "environment" .... Still, it would be a cool thing, in an ideal universe.

Other than particular effect pedals or pedal-types that could be modeled (though this is fun to talk about!), I would love to see a general refresh of many of the existing stomp models. Many basic models date back to much earlier versions of Amplitube, and even my leaden ears can tell that we are getting much more capable amp models than were feasible 10 years ago. Of course, amongst the earliest still-working stomp models were things like the OverScream -- 'cause TubeScreamers are ubiquitous -- but I would bet that an "OverScream 2" could potentially beat out the vibe of the original in the way that the newer Brit 8000 beats out the old British Tube Lead 1 model, or the snazzy new Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier model beats out the old Modern Tube Lead model.

I was thinking about this when reading the earlier post talking about the existing fuzz boxes, etc. I mess around with the fuzz stomp models a lot, as well as the Big Pig (= Big Muff) that lives in the "Distortion" category, and sure it's all usable ... but it could be updated and even more usable, too. :mrgreen:

A lot of the newer pedals model specific current units with licensing from specific manufacturers, and that can be cool. I would probably get a Way Huge Swollen Pickle model (but, hey, you cannot have too many shades of fuzz in my book! :lol: ). But there's a lot still to be said for the classic workhorses of the dirt, fuzz, modulation, and delay pedals. People now pay insane money for old Boss HM-2 units (gods, I wish I had kept mine from back in the day! :? :lol: ) but I am not really sure that the Metal Distortion 2 model is quite as faithful as it could be (or, at least as it could be in 2018).

So I would pay to get improved versions of some of my old favorites, is what I'm saying.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dakfat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks for your input Carlaz ! I enjoyed reading your suggestions. I agree that revisiting the classic pedals and getting officially licenses ehx, mxr or boss stuff would be amazing
dakfat

Postby carlaz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Officially licensed stuff can be cool -- and it's surely good advertising for IKM! Though I would be OK with non-officially-licensed "based on" models, too!

If I remember correctly, the current ENGL Powerball model was, in fact, originally a "based on" model that ENGL eventually decided was so accurate that they basically just "blessed" it, and it was rebranded in the Custom Shop etc. but not actually otherwise altered in any way! Wasn't it originally the "German Gain ANGER" model, or something like that?

So maybe IKM could give us a refresh on some well-known stomp-box models, and then do a licensing deal later? :mrgreen: That said, the original makers of treble boosters like Dallas and Hornsby Skewes are long gone. IKM could do a licensing deal with a modern maker that does clones or "inspired by" for these, or they could just whip out their own models.

It would be very cool to see a "based on Rangemaster" stomp model that, besides emulating a "stock" Rangemaster, also had some switches to more closely emulate the variants or mods used by a few famous players (a selection of stock vs. May, Iommi, and Clapton might be enough to start with!). We could have a "multi-booster" model that, with the flick of another switch would also emulate the Hornsby Skewes units used by people like Blackmore or Martin Barre. Why do we have a Marshall Major model (i.e. Red Pig) if not to bludgeon it with a treble booster for jamming on the "Smoke on the Water" riff!? :mrgreen: But, hey, if IKM wanted to sell me a "based on Rangemaster" and a "based on Honrsby Skewes" as separate models, I would buy them. (I'd quite want a "based on Laney Supergroup" amp model to go with the Rangemaster, though!) There could be a "based on Colorsound Power Boost" for all the Dave Gilmour fans (who probably want a "based on Binson Echorec" model, as well!).

If there were a refresh of existing stomps, I'd also like to see some added features (which would help justify repurchasing them, if they were not simply offered as upgrades of some kind). Like, more of the modulation effects could be given project tempo-sync options. There could be more options for "true bypass" vs."horrifyingly authentic analogue noise". :mrgreen:

Ah well! Enough of my yapping!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dakfat » Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for your suggestions Carlaz ! If I had to choose between nothing or a based-on model vs a fully licenses, I'll take the based-on over nothing any day !

As for bufferred emulation vs true-bypass, I will select the true-bypass model any day!
dakfat

Postby livesforrap » Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 am

Friedman.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Yannrock » Mon May 07, 2018 1:25 am

Transparent overdrive like a Klon or even a Soul Food would be amazing. Do you guys know of something similar on amplitube? I'm quite new to it.
Yannrock

Postby alistairb » Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 pm

for bass:

Maestro Brassmaster (or clone, Malekko B:Assmaster)
Something Darkglass for the distortion, Alpha Omega, B7k.

(Classic Eden head and cabs would be nice too.
VT300 valve, a World Tour series, D410XLT, D410 XLS, D115XLT)
alistairb

Postby dakfat » Mon May 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Yannrock wrote:Transparent overdrive like a Klon or even a Soul Food would be amazing. Do you guys know of something similar on amplitube? I'm quite new to it.

I very much agree with this. I saw a Tube screamer vst shootout on youtube that compared the Mercuriall, Bias, Guitar Rig, Amplitube and a few other versions to the real deal.

It was astonishing how close the Mercuriall version was (and I think the Cytomic Scream VST will probably be pretty close too but haven't tried it) compared to the dated Amplitube model.

The Amplitube model sounds nothing like an actual tubescreamer. Time for an update !

And a FUZZ pedal.
dakfat

Postby livesforrap » Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 pm

It doesn't sound anything like an actual tubescreamer, but it still sounds good. Remember the trick: Pull the drive way back, and punch up the volume.

I hate the cytomic one. It's a hungry and doesn't float my boat at all.

There are a couple I do like. One is the "greenscreemer" from PA which is light on the cpu and responds very close to a real TS. The others are the free ones (well, donation ware which I did, trying not to break my arm patting myself on my back :lol: ), one is from ignite audio, the other one I can't remember (but you can find it)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm

See, what I don't understand is that there are "endorsed" companies that have one or two pedals and then nothing else.

Look at all these fulltone products:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufa ... gIrdvD_BwE

We have one and a couple of racks I don't care about.

Now for the wampler line:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Wampler

We have just two? (both of which I own BTW)

I'd be happy just to see "more" of either of those. I've got nearly all the pedals. People change pedals all the time, I want to see the lines of these two names grow.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling