MP1 - stopped working in Cubase 8 Elements

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MP1 - stopped working in Cubase 8 Elements

Postby obsoleteman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:26 pm

I am having a similar situation with Miroslav Philharmonik but the old version. Up until a few days ago it was working perfectly, no I can't get it to load on Cubase 8 Elements using the VST manager. Everyone has advice on how to correct this, mover files to the hard driver, move them out of the hard drive or move the kitchen into the garage and the cars into the living room until you have taken so much advice you can no longer operate. I don't know if it is an IK issue or a Cubase issue. All I know is that it worked, and then one day it didn't. I have two projects now on hold over this and all I can do it sit.

But I am a musician, not a computer programmer. If you want to know about open reel I can give you some advice, but this is beyond me.
obsoleteman

Re: SampleTank 3 - no instruments

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello obsoleteman and welcome to the forum.

The old Philharmonik ("MP1") is a 32-bit program and plug-in.

Does the MP1 standalone program run OK. load instruments, play them OK?

Are you running Cubase 8 in 32-bit mode (if that makes sense)?

What changed in the period before the VSTi stopped working?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: MP1 - stopped working in Cubase 8 Elements

Postby obsoleteman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm

The stand alone tries to work but has no instrument files for some reason. Sample Tank 3 works within Cubase though. I am running widows 7 with 64 bit. Nothing has changed, nothing added and the computer is a dedicated recording set up. It is Cubase 8 elements but that really is all I need. But Philharmonik has always worked perfectly until recently.

J.
obsoleteman

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:06 pm

You need to set the MP1 library location in the MP1 Preferences.

ST3 working OK in Cubase confirms my suspicion that CUbase is runnnig in 64-bit mode, as ST3 is a 64-bit program and plug-in only.

PS For the future you could Import the MP1 library into ST3 so you can use both libraries there.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby obsoleteman » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:49 pm

So after taking the listed advice of downloading Miroslav Philharmonik 2.0.5 first and then downloading 2.0.6? It is working perfectly. Thank you all for your help, it is appreciated. The Philharmonik 2 CE is worth the upgrade. I am very pleased.

Obsoleteman
obsoleteman

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More