'Installation Aborted Cannot find any Sound Content to Copy'

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: 'Installation Aborted Cannot find any Sound Content to C

Postby binman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 pm

djike wrote:MacOS: Right click on the installer, Show package contents, Click Contents, MacOS, Then click the sample tank installer. Terminal will open, then you should be able to use the installer. Sampletank will rebuild your database, and I think all should be okay after that.

Thanks everyone, especially @djike for such clear instructions. I was about to give up on installing this software, until i read this thread. I tried both combining all the zips into one directory AND this "right-click" suggestion above, so I'm not sure what actually made it work, but it finally installed nevertheless. So glad there are smart people on the Webz!
binman

Postby vin8899 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Not everyone can right click because you have a one button mouse or track pad so option click on "install sample tank" package, go to show package contents, double click on contents, double click on macOS folder, then click on "sample tank 3 instruments installer., the unix application option comes up and asks if you want to open it. click the open button. do this for all 8 installer files. this should work.
vin8899

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 pm

vin8899 wrote:Not everyone can right click because you have a one button mouse or track pad so option click on "install sample tank" package, go to show package contents, double click on contents, double click on macOS folder, then click on "sample tank 3 instruments installer., the unix application option comes up and asks if you want to open it. click the open button. do this for all 8 installer files. this should work.

On Mac systems, a right-click on a one-button mouse is performed by holding CTRL and clicking.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vin8899 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 pm

I stand corrected! Read the above regarding CTRL button also. Thanks.
vin8899

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:26 pm

vin8899 wrote:I stand corrected! Read the above regarding CTRL button also. Thanks.

Learning that little tidbit saved me a lot of frustration some years back :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dalegold » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 am

Thanks for the solution. I've just had the same problem. Hard to believe it still exists five months after the first question. I've just migrated to Mac, and don't know all the shortcuts yet, but it seems that the Windows version installed all the sample content it one simple operation. 240 mouse clicks is a bit much to install one program isn't it?
dalegold

Postby evancooney » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Right clicking on the installers, going to "Show Package Contents", then "MacOS", then choosing the installer with the Terminal icon also worked for me
evancooney

Postby edtheuilleannpiper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:52 pm

For users running Mac OS Sierra or below who encounter this error like I did, here is exactly what you need to do. to clarify, if your media and update installers fail to install due to "cannot find media to copy", the reason for this is how OSX handles zip files by default, instead of a full unpack, it previews them, meaning large data forks are still locked.

Please follow these instructions to resolve this issue. this is an adaptation from a post but gives clearer support and defined instructions.

1: Download KEKA unzip / zip utility here: http://www.kekaosx.com/
2: Install KEKA and launch.
3: When you have launched KEKA, configure it to run as your default zip / unzip tool so it replaces OSX's default "Archive Utility" migrated from OSX 10.10, now quit the app.
4: Download the media in question. Take careful note that OSX sends the zip files to the trash. Open trash and remove the zip files, move them to the desktop or other location, but delete the folders in the Downloads Folder created from the zip files. these are corrupted.
5: Now select the zip files, right click, open with KEKA. these zip files will be extracted and the new directories created. Once done, you can delete the zip files.
6: As a resource, create a new folder and call it IK MULTIMEDIA, drag the new folders containing the installers and media into this folder. I advise you save this folder containing your kit to an external HDD so you don't suffer this again.
7: Now you can install safely knowing that your files have been FULLY decompressed and not corrupted.

So that you understand how OSX handles compressed files, here's how it works:

Safari as the default browser saves the zip file to the downloads folder, automatically as soon as that file has completed downloading, finder sends an instruction to "Archive Manager" to open the zip file and move the zip file to the trash. The zip file is not fully uncompressed due to the limited nature of the decompression tool. Using KEKA or similar tools like Stuffit, will assist you as long as you set up the zip system to take over from Archive Manager by setting all zip and other archive formats to be handled by the compression / decompression utility of choice.

I hope this guide gives a little better support. I got caught out with this, luckily I was still able to download the media again, monitor the processes and with a little google help and a previous post here that gave a little guidance, this helped fix an issue that worried me. I hope my guide clears a few things up.

All the best.

Ed The Piper.
edtheuilleannpiper

Postby dlgebert » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm on OS X 10.12 and my "fix" was to drag/move the package file out of the install folder to the folder above and then drag/move it back to the install folder and then it works after that. I assume moving it resets some permissions? I had to do this on all SampleTank 3 packages. It also works on the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 packages as well, but I only tried the first package before I ran out of time this morning. This evening I will also try the "right click on the installer" solution as well.

Thanks! :)
dlgebert

Postby edtheuilleannpiper » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

dlgebert wrote:I'm on OS X 10.12 and my "fix" was to drag/move the package file out of the install folder to the folder above and then drag/move it back to the install folder and then it works after that. I assume moving it resets some permissions? I had to do this on all SampleTank 3 packages. It also works on the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 packages as well, but I only tried the first package before I ran out of time this morning. This evening I will also try the "right click on the installer" solution as well.

Thanks! :)

Hi there.

Performing this step sometimes doesn't work. it's a glitch within OSX 10.11 and 10.12 after using the last version of OSX 10.10's migration utility which hasn't been modified since it's last change in 10.10, so was migrated into subsequent releases. Though the process you've mentioned might work, it's not reliable. The process you mention does not change permissions processes at all. what this does is take files out of a zipped folder, as the folder itself is still technically zipped, some of the files have not been decompressed, creating a false file. I'd recommend the method I've posted for any downloads from IK multimedia and then to store the installers to a DVD volume or HDD or pen drive, that way the installers and content are complete without alteration. Glad your method got you through the hickup there but as it's been tested on a number of workstations and OS versions, it's a confirmed glitch. best off using a 3rd party zip utility and setting the zip utility to handle all zip and other compressed archive formats by default, then do a permissions repair through a program called Onyx and not through disk utility.
edtheuilleannpiper

Postby dlgebert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for the reply! Now I know what uilleann pipes are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uilleann_pipes

I was able to complete the entire MP2 installation using my method and all the instruments are working ok after the plugin generated the index in Reaper.

My one question for you is if you are replacing the default compression with a 3rd party solution, why are the .zip files still considered corrupted when they hit the download folder after being downloaded if they are now being decompressed using the 3rd party solution? Also, wouldn't it be easier to disable the automatic decompression in Safari if you not going to keep the folders that are decompressed in the download folder? That way the .zip files will just get downloaded and not touched by the decompressor.

If you would rather Safari just download the .zip file and leave if for you to decide what to do:
Open Safari.

Click Preferences.

Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.

https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.ac ... d=31919091
dlgebert

Postby edtheuilleannpiper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm

dlgebert wrote:Thanks for the reply! Now I know what uilleann pipes are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uilleann_pipes

I was able to complete the entire MP2 installation using my method and all the instruments are working ok after the plugin generated the index in Reaper.

My one question for you is if you are replacing the default compression with a 3rd party solution, why are the .zip files still considered corrupted when they hit the download folder after being downloaded if they are now being decompressed using the 3rd party solution? Also, wouldn't it be easier to disable the automatic decompression in Safari if you not going to keep the folders that are decompressed in the download folder? That way the .zip files will just get downloaded and not touched by the decompressor.

If you would rather Safari just download the .zip file and leave if for you to decide what to do:
Open Safari.

Click Preferences.

Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.

https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.ac ... d=31919091

The headache here with the latest versions of OSX, from experience and being a former developer for apple, I know this to be the case. Yes, you can instruct safari not to handle download translation etc and that's a good idea, the problem is how safari interacts with external files and how 3rd party tools interact with zip files. If ever you get a permissions error, I'd recommend using Onyx which is suited to each version of OSX. With Onyx, you can modify the system as well as perform cleaning and maintenance jobs. within maintenance you can perform a rebuild of associations (permissions rebuild) best done as part of a full rebuild of the finder and associated functions, that way OSX runs smoother.

glad it's all working out.

ed the piper
edtheuilleannpiper

Postby mariema » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 am

Just had the same issue... i unzipped the files in Keka and the trouble is solved!
mariema

Postby v.rogers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 pm

gary_reid wrote:For anyone else with this problem support eventually suggested I unzip their files using http://www.kekaosx.com/en/...

I didn't hold much hope but it did actually make the difference.

Thanks

This worked for me, thanks!
v.rogers

Postby jets111 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm using a pc and having the same problems. any suggestions for windows related?
jets111

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More