Need help - No sound with Amp 3 & Steinberg UR12

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help - No sound with Amp 3 & Steinberg UR12

Postby jabryant1961 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:05 am

I bought Amp 3 when it was on sale during the summer and just received a Steinberg UR12 audio interface for my birthday. I installed the UR12 driver, plugged in the usb cable, plugged in my telecaster, then launched Amp3 - and got no sound at all.

I was finally able to get guitar sound by pressing the Steinberg's Direct Monitor button, but I cannot figure out how to get the Amplitube amp/pedal, etc. sounds. BTW, if it is important, I have plugged a set of headphones into the UR12's headphone jack so I can listen while I play (do I need to plug in headphones to my PC instead????)

I know Amplitube recognizes the UR12 because I got an error message when I unplugged the usb cable ('Cannot find your Audio Device') which went away when I re-plugged in the usb cable to the Steinberg.

I am pretty sure I am missing something very, very obvious. Unfortunately, the problem is not obvious to this neophyte. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jabryant1961

Re: Need help - No sound with Amp 3 & Steinberg UR12

Postby geoff17 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:59 am

did you get a response or a solution? I'm having the same issue
geoff17

Postby umut7454 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:25 pm

i have the exact same issue. Did you find any solution ?
umut7454

Postby metalrips » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Same issue here!!
metalrips

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:06 pm

metalrips wrote:Same issue here!!

This is a very old post. I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support who will assist you directly with any technical issues at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling