iRig HD 2 issue

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD 2 issue

Postby plugged1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 am

[Mod Edit - Split from unrelated iRig 2 announcement thread]

I bought an iRig HD 2 and am extremely disappointed with the latency. I previously used a Line 6 Mobile In with a 6s, and nothing like this latency. I bought it because I have a 7, obviously. I don't understand why there is so much more latency when the processor is way faster and your apps are set to minimum?? Is it the sample rate?
plugged1

Re: iRig HD 2 issue

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:44 am

iRig HD 2 should have extremely low latency. Please open a ticket with IK Support and they will troubleshoot and assist you directly. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Doubleneck » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm

I've noticed just a very small amount of latency. Please post your results.
Thanks!
Doubleneck

Postby jimbevan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 pm

I just hooked up the iRig HD 2 and Amplitube 4 Full for the first time, and the latency (with a buffer size of 64, and using the iRig's headphone out) renders the setup unacceptably unusable for live use. I think it's more likely to be Amplitube's fault than the iRig's, but I can't get any sound without opening Amplitube. Cut my losses, go back to SansAmp and MOTU?
jimbevan

Postby jimbevan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:40 am

Installed GarageBand -- same latency. So it's the iRig?
jimbevan

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 am

This is not normal/expected behavior. It would be best to work with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ in order to diagnose what is causing this latency that you are experience. I'm sure they can assist.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jimbevan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

I wouldn't be posting here if IK Support was responding to the ticket.

Installed Amp 4 Android, but the iRig package doesn't include a micro-to-micro usb cable -- can't test it on my phone until I get one.
jimbevan

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:40 pm

They will respond to and continue to work with you via your ticket. If suggestions made there do not resolve your issue please let them know and continue to work with them. This forum is not a medium for direct technical support.

Edit - your ticket was opened last night at 6:36PM. Please allow the support team to reply to your ticket and assist you soon. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby plugged1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:28 am

I figured out the problem. I always used one of these to lazily play through my home theater. Well, the problem is the new Yamaha home theater I bought. It's much nicer than my old one and is probably some sync setting in the HT on the aux ins. Sorry, I don't use this that often and just figured it out the other day. The latency is EXTREMELY LOW and completely acceptable when used properly. My bad, sorry guys.
plugged1

Postby plugged1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 am

jimbevan wrote:Installed GarageBand -- same latency. So it's the iRig?

I don't think so. When I got off my lazy azz and tried mine through an amp, it seemed totally fine and usable. IMHO it's probably GarageBand. If you use a "guitar specific" app it's unnototiceable if you didn't know it was there. I have the AmpliTube that comes with it, ToneStack 3, AmpKit and JamUp Pro. They all produce acceptable results. GarageBand just has so much going on with it, I'd be afraid to run through it live. Just my opinion. You see how my attitude changed when I changed peripherals. It's NOT the iRig..at least for me. Try it with some headphones with a free edition different amp app first. Any of those I mentioned are going to sound WAY better than a Sansamp. I remember those.
plugged1

Postby jimbevan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 am

Did a series of tests with different configurations, and I'm convinced it's the iRig. For one thing, the latency doubles when I use the iRig's headphone out. I asked IK Multimedia what the inherent latencies in the A/D and D/A converters are, and that's when they stopped responding to my support ticket.
Hooked up my old MOTU UltraLite, ran the signal through AmpliTube -- no discernible latency.
jimbevan

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:12 am

I'm sure IK Support can determine what is at issue and resolve it for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jimbevan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 am

You would think so, but when I sent them the results of my tests, there was no reply -- that was Wednesday of last week.
jimbevan

Postby plugged1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:27 am

Are you using an Android? If so, they have terrible audio latency. I had one once and kept an iPod Touch on the side for these kinds of things before plunging to an iPhone several generations ago. I'm just trying to help, but I suggest you only use these with an iPhone or Pad. Androids inherently have a lot of latency associated with them. I didn't even know it was possible to use this with an Android..??
plugged1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 am

jimbevan wrote:You would think so, but when I sent them the results of my tests, there was no reply -- that was Wednesday of last week.

Sometimes test results can take some time to analyze and if they need to consult the developers that may take a little time. I will relay your information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories