Irig hd2 - Distorsion sound

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig hd2 - Distorsion sound

Postby sbreton » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Hello

I just bought an irighd2 and my pb is that when I couple the device to any soft, as well Tube Amp 4 on PC or Tonebridge App on iphone 7, after 5s, 10 s or 1 min when I change effects by application, the sound becomes inaudible, saturates, and the volume becomes unbearable in my headphones.
I do not think it comes from soft but unlike the device.

I even upgraded the firmware...

How to remedy my pb ??. :evil:

Thanks a lot

Product: iRig HD 2
Hardware: iPhone 7
Mobile OS: iOS 10.1.1
sbreton

Re: Irig hd2 - Distorsion sound

Postby aaronpeipert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm having the same issue. Had multiple emails back and forth with IK Multimedia and they have not been able to offer me any solution. I sent them a video of the issue. At first, I thought it only happened when adjusting parameters within Amplitube, but I've had it crash after just opening the app and playing a few bars. It is super annoying. I love the product, I just want it to work properly. This HD2 does the same thing when using other apps as well. I'm using it on an iphone 7, which is a pretty powerful device. Today I exchanged my HD2 for another one. I was hoping I had a defective model. I plan on testing this unit out on multiple devices.
aaronpeipert

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:26 pm

OP should also report the issue to support so they can troubleshoot directly with them. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby comstox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey guys, I had a similar problem and my issue originated from a scratchy pickup selector switch. See if your noise continues or stops when you move your pickup selector to a different spot.
Cheers!
comstox

Postby hank92 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Had same issue with iPhone 7 (subject: iRig HD 2 V.s. iPhone 7). IK said it was issue with iPhone's lightning port. They were working on firmware fix.
hank92

Postby mikewood31 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:05 am

Hello ALL
just got HD2 & running with windows 10 and my Les Paul love it!
but have the same distortion problem sometimes as well and its nasty
thought maybe my pick ups were too hot for it ....
but I see others are having this issue as well

does anyone now if a DI box would stop this problem?
would be what you use for going direct into a
PA mixer with an acoustic guitar, low impedance so you don't overdrive the line in
I noticed the instructions recommend it anybody??
mikewood31

Postby Fabrizio.allegra » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:32 am

Hi Everyone,
I've just bought the iRig HD 2 today, plugged to my electric Yamaha and iphone7, same issue for me as you had. At the beginning I thought I did something wrong switching from an amp to another, but later the crush came without touching anything. It seems to me it comes with high distorted amps, something like the device can't manage all that amount of input and gets stuck.. me too I had the impression it has something to do with the pick ups. Has anybody found any solution or got any answer from IK m?
Fabrizio.allegra

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:09 am

There is a forthcoming firmware update being tested.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fabrizio.allegra » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There is a forthcoming firmware update being tested.

Thanks Pete, that's good news. Is there a forecasted or even defined date for go live?
We are all looking forward to enjoy better our iRig 2 HD!
Fabrizio.allegra

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Fabrizio.allegra wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:There is a forthcoming firmware update being tested.

Thanks Pete, that's good news. Is there a forecasted or even defined date for go live?
We are all looking forward to enjoy better our iRig 2 HD!

Hi, I do not have a timeline for full release at this time. Support may have more detailed information if you reply to your ticket though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ximoguardiola » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello,
The same feedback problem with irighd2 to ipad and Bueboard.
At first I thought if it was the cable Microusb to lightin (which by the way is also very difficult to get ...) I bought a Usb to microUsb to lightin converter but it did not work directly.
I continue with the microusb to lightin cable but with the feedback problem when changing presets.
Last week I tried to play live with this system but it was impossible because of the feedback issue.
Thank you
ximoguardiola

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm

ximoguardiola wrote:Hello,
The same feedback problem with irighd2 to iPad and Bueboard.
At first I thought if it was the cable Microusb to lightin (which by the way is also very difficult to get ...) I bought a Usb to microUsb to lightin converter but it did not work directly.
I continue with the microusb to lightin cable but with the feedback problem when changing presets.
Last week I tried to play live with this system but it was impossible because of the feedback issue.
Thank you

First, I would only use the cabling that came with iRig HD 2 or you will likely experience issues. Replacements/extras can be purchased at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts

About any feedback, though, if it isn't related to the cabling I'm sure support can be of assistance at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ as I'm not 100% sure you are having the same exact issue as those in this thread and they can troubleshoot with you directly to find out and to resolve it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikewood31 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Any updates on this issue yet ?
updating the firm ware doesn't work yet tried that
I noticed its when switching amp heads or cabinets that the distortion starts
and won't stop until you exit and restart AmpliTube of course you loose all your
presets very annoying to say the least
mikewood31

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 pm

mikewood31 wrote:Any updates on this issue yet ?
updating the firm ware doesn't work yet tried that
I noticed its when switching amp heads or cabinets that the distortion starts
and won't stop until you exit and restart AmpliTube of course you loose all your
presets very annoying to say the least

If updated firmware didn't resolve your issue, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they will provide one-on-one assistance. Thank you
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pipelineaudio » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Same issue for me, sent a support ticket after the firmware update didn't fix it.

I'm using tonestack which seems to only operate at 44k, and have a nagging suspicion that it may be trying to switch sample rates leading to the problem.
pipelineaudio

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers