Sampletank sounds not loading upon opening Logic project

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank sounds not loading upon opening Logic project

Postby gabrieliwasaki » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:56 pm

I have had this problem for some time now. I am using Logic Pro x (also Logic Pro 9 ocassionally) and ST3 as my main sound library.

The problem is that's every time I open a Logic Pro project where I have used ANY Sampletank 3 sound (can be an old miroslav choir, or the new string section with key switching) there is a chance ANY particular instrument won't play back.

The MIDI region is there, the instrument or instruments are loaded correspondently in the Sampletank interface as if everything was in place, but on playback they do not produce any sound.

The ONLY solution I have found so far is to reload that particular instrument with this problem again into Sampletank 3 (after locking it on the mix page so I don't lose my tweaks). Doesn't sound to bad, but it gets ANNOYING when working whit a full orchestral set up, where I have to sometimes open my project, hear nothing on play back and have to reload about 33 different instruments into Sampletank 3.

I have do some cleaning to my hard drive, eliminating unnecessary Sampletank 3 copies from legacy instruments and other sounds I do not use, but the problem persists. This has been happening even PRIOR to the aforementioned disk cleaning.

So what is the problem? Can somebody help me out here? Is it simply that Sampletank is not as efficient as a workstation as IK claims it to be?

Fantastic sounds, great effects, but really not that usable to work and sometimes more frustrating than useful. I would really enjoy using it, but in most cases I can't and even avoid to use it because of this.

Thanks!
gabrieliwasaki

Re: Sampletank sounds not loading upon opening Logic project

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:37 pm

I've not heard of this problem before. I think that it would be best to investigate it with the help of IK Multimedia support. And, to help others, please let us know how it gets resolved.

Please raise a Support Ticket for some one-to-one help.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Do you have any other DAW that you can try?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Pauly.6.String » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 am

Having similar issue in MainStage. Strings patch makes no sound until I re load the instrument. Piano sounds boxy. Re load and it is bright again. Curious if you solved your problem
Pauly.6.String

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:49 am

Please contact Support, as above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thebiglang » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm experiencing this very issue. Did it get resolved by Support?
thebiglang

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:40 pm

thebiglang wrote:I'm experiencing this very issue. Did it get resolved by Support?

Did you report your issue to support? They will assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pasi.k.keranen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:14 pm

I've experienced this very same issue since I bought SampleTank 3. I was hoping it to be a bug that they'd fix but it seems it's not fixed yet in even in the latest updates. So I've now also submitted a bug via the ticketing system.

It is VERY annoying as I really like to use some of the sounds I've collected for SampleTank 3. The Alan Parsons Grand is my go-to piano when I just want to jam. The strings and brass in the basic set are very workable and I'm using them in various projects.

Hopefully this bug is fixed in an update so I can stop doing the reload samples dance when opening projects. ;)
pasi.k.keranen

Postby Matiasmoulin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:38 pm

old thread I know, but just ran in this situation with ST3.7.3 and Logic Pro X

Restart as well as basic Mac cleanup and repairing permissions helped.
Matiasmoulin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More