Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby egam » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:Have you checked out all of the articulations in the keyswitched instruments? Those would be the instruments with the KS symbol after them. Once you load one, you can click any of the lower keys that are darker (the in-app keyboard at the bottom) and it will show you what articulation each of those keys switches to.

Yes i have checked them. There are no pizzicato's on the solo violin, solo viola and solo cellos.

egam

Postby Vollgerd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:49 am

egam wrote:Yes i have checked them. There are no pizzicato's on the solo violin, solo viola and solo cellos.

Also, there is no ......Pizzicato.......pak in samples.
Also I think, the the sound of the violin multi (KS) ist to short. Must sustain not be infinitely?
Such as Violin Sus 4.00 .. LP?

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby Vollgerd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:01 am

novaburst wrote:I think the instruments that are being mentioned are the solo string instruments because you can see pizzicatos on the pop up menu very easy in the group violins and all other group strings,
Percussion can only be found in the the full orchestra live + percussion, once this is loaded delete all other non percussive instruments if you only desire hits. on your play list.
Harp can be found as you said in MP1, but there is no classical guitar.
Choirs are also in MP1

I know. All missing instruments are in Philharmonik 1
Even classical Guitar.
See Part 7 of the downloaded Instruments. (classical Guitars, classical Harps an classical Keys)

But why they are all only in Philharmonik 1?

Gerd.
Vollgerd

Postby novaburst » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:47 am

Vollgerd wrote:
novaburst wrote:I think the instruments that are being mentioned are the solo string instruments because you can see pizzicatos on the pop up menu very easy in the group violins and all other group strings,
Percussion can only be found in the the full orchestra live + percussion, once this is loaded delete all other non percussive instruments if you only desire hits. on your play list.
Harp can be found as you said in MP1, but there is no classical guitar.
Choirs are also in MP1

I know. All missing instruments are in Philharmonik 1
Even classical Guitar.
See Part 7 of the downloaded Instruments. (classical Guitars, classical Harps an classical Keys)

But why they are all only in Philharmonik 1?

Gerd.

I guess why put them in MP2 if they already in MP1

Why have two sets of every thing, maybe to save time,
novaburst

Postby sidroe » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Miroslav 2 is the all new re-sampling of just those particular orchestra sections and instruments. I'm sure that time and money enters in to the picture when you are re-visiting the chore that it is just to sample those parts of an orchestra in a location like that.

It is a shame that the keyswitches are lacking the pizzicato samples in the new version. I am hoping that whoever is writing the code for the keyswitches will at least re-write the new strings library and include the old pizzicato samples on a keyswitch in the new instruments. While that is sort of a cheating way to accomplish what we need, it would be faster and cheaper to do that than to re-schedule a sampling session to just get new pizzicato samples.

I hope that IK is going to do something about this and as far as my dealing with them I feel pretty confident that they will as soon as possible.
sidroe

Postby novaburst » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:42 pm

I really like MP2 maybe becuase I have lived with it for a few days now and can see just what it's potential is , to me its maybe the best. That's only becuase I have given it some time.

But some one new who will pay full price for it these bugs and problems may not sit to well with them ,

Also I feel MP2 has a chance to show other companies just how good they are,
But with some of the glitches and problems it has that may not be a good idea.

The problems that are in MP2 can be a turn off for many and they may look at other software orchestra to buy,

So it would be cool to address the issues pretty soon at least to save some potential
Buyers and users
novaburst

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:53 pm

If you feel there are issues that need to be addressed please remember to report them to support so they can get officially verified and sent to the developers through the bug tracking system. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you feel there are issues that need to be addressed please remember to report them to support so they can get officially verified and sent to the developers through the bug tracking system. Thank you.

Yes well said I guess discussing it here will get us no where.

Cool
novaburst

Postby rtucker55 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:24 pm

I agree it needs to be reported through the proper channels in order to get it fixed but, I think this is also Good place for people to report Potential issues.

It is hard to say if an issue is only related to your environment or if the issue is shared/confirmed by multiple users. If other users say 'I don't have that issue on my end' I can start looking closer on my end. I sincerely appreciate the feedback I receive here.

The Support guys are Great but it would be silly to load them down with several one off, user environment issues, if it can't be confirmed here as a general MP2 issue by other users.

Kind regards,
Rick
rtucker55

Postby tambour » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:04 pm

I can't open some Woodwinds in MP2.

Por example: Flute, Clarinet, Piccolo, Oboe, English Horn, Contrabasson.

The Path/ Instrument-Place should be correct: D: MP2 Lib / 50_Miroslav Philharmonik2 / 003 / Woodwinds / Solo / 001 ...0002 etc.

They are only in Miroslav 1 to open.

A view Instruments here, a view there!?
tambour

Postby novaburst » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:25 pm

tambour wrote:I can't open some Woodwinds in MP2.

Por example: Flute, Clarinet, Piccolo, Oboe, English Horn, Contrabasson.

The Path/ Instrument-Place should be correct: D: MP2 Lib / 50_Miroslav Philharmonik2 / 003 / Woodwinds / Solo / 001 ...0002 etc.

They are only in Miroslav 1 to open.

A view Instruments here, a view there!?

This sounds like it is not installed correctly, or unzipped, try installing it again.

over this side my woodwinds work ok
novaburst

Postby tambour » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:38 pm

The Problem is: Part 1 and Part 6

Downloaded art 1 zip file again, extract it.

Try to install....installation failed!
Unable to copy the Instruments.

i dont know what to do?
tambour

Postby novaburst » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:58 pm

tambour wrote:The Problem is: Part 1 and Part 6

Downloaded art 1 zip file again, extract it.

Try to install....installation failed!
Unable to copy the Instruments.

i dont know what to do?

I did here that if you have installed a few wrongly or one has a foult you need to do the whole thing again.

Firstly let me say this you must save all of your down loads dont rely on the website to go back to your down loads save them to an external drive or USB .

Any way make sure all are extracted to the same place, so when you open that folder all 16 installs are there in order like 1 - 16.

Please try this when you get a chance open the stand alone MP2 and where you can see : info , a magnified glass, and you will see an arrow almost going round in a circle, click on the arrow and let it rescan your files, you may of changed some thing but are not aware, if this does not work try install again but keep checking all are going to the same folder.
Last edited by novaburst on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
novaburst

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 pm

You should not have to install all again, I don't know who stated that but it is not typically the case. Best to get support from IK Support who will look at your specific issue and troubleshoot with you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:15 am

Peter_IK wrote:You should not have to install all again, I don't know who stated that but it is not typically the case. Best to get support from IK Support who will look at your specific issue and troubleshoot with you directly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hi Peter

Installing again does not take to long and it is a fail safe before going to support, there is nothing wrong in trying this. it worked for me and one or 2 others.

some of us did not get MP2 working the first time and tried workarounds before we got it up and running,

I or we are just sharing what we did, there is nothing wrong with that, please dont interfere

Thanks
novaburst

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More