Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby novaburst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:09 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
That sounds like your OS is caching the files in memory, so on subsequent loads it is much quicker.

Hi @DarkStare
novaburst

Postby egam » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:49 pm

sidroe wrote:I just tried loading the 23 violins multi in Miroslav 2 and it loads in a matter of 3 seconds and the Miroslav 2 14 violins multi takes about 45 seconds to load. I will contact Cakewalk but I would feel better if you could compare the load times on your DAW and see what the results are. Again, thanks for your speedy replys and I will try to keep you informed on my end.

I tried in Pro Tools 12 and the loading time for the 14 violins is 45 to 50 seconds like yours. I don't think it has something to do with the DAW you use. For me the loading time of the instruments in Pro Tools is the same like in the standalone app.
egam

Postby feldor » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Outside of all the problems had before at start and what others had also, I think for example now that it works, the Grand Pianos are pretty cool! Can almost beat my StageVintage SV-1 ones :D But just almost heh. Ah just fooling around.

I love it!

Cheers...
feldor

Postby novaburst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Would just mention, probably best to use the quickest loading instruments, as even when you save your work, the next time you boot up your DAW MP2 will start to reload all previously loaded instruments again, now that can be a bummer especially if you have all 16 tracks filled and programmed, there is an option to cancel the loading but if you have spent time programming and using the plugins you would not want to cancel.
novaburst

Postby novaburst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:04 pm

feldor wrote:Outside of all the problems had before at start and what others had also, I think for example now that it works, the Grand Pianos are pretty cool! Can almost beat my StageVintage SV-1 ones :D But just almost heh. Ah just fooling around.

I love it!

Cheers...

Haha Yes that piano is stupid good, I dont know what they have done but it is really addictive.
never heard a piano so nice as that one.
novaburst

Postby Vollgerd » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 am

egam wrote:
sidroe wrote:I just tried loading the 23 violins multi in Miroslav 2 and it loads in a matter of 3 seconds and the Miroslav 2 14 violins multi takes about 45 seconds to load. I will contact Cakewalk but I would feel better if you could compare the load times on your DAW and see what the results are. Again, thanks for your speedy replys and I will try to keep you informed on my end.

I tried in Pro Tools 12 and the loading time for the 14 violins is 45 to 50 seconds like yours. I don't think it has something to do with the DAW you use. For me the loading time of the instruments in Pro Tools is the same like in the standalone app.

When I start Miroslav 2 the first time: 13 Violins takes about 40 seconds to load. The second start of Miroslav 2 takes only 7 seconds to load the 13 Violins.

But where have you found the 23 violins?

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby Vollgerd » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:04 am

Hallo,
question to all.
Is it correct, that there is no:
Violin/Viola pizzicato,
chors,
classical Guitars
Classical Harps
Percussion
In Miroslav 2, but onliy in Miroslav 1?

There I see only the folders:
Strings
Brass
Woodwinds
Chromatic
Piano
and
Miroslav Philharmonik 1

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby egam » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 am

Vollgerd wrote:Hallo,
Violin/Viola pizzicato,
chors,
classical Guitars
Classical Harps
Percussion

Yes that is correct. But i hope they just forgot to put the pizzicatos in.
egam

Postby sidroe » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:14 pm

The 23 Violins is in the Miroslav 1 directory. That is the old version of Miroslav that has been included with Miroslav 2. If you notice, Miroslav 1 is where all the other parts of the library are at. Miroslav 2 is mainly just the main orchestra instruments. The choirs, full percussion instruments, etc... are all in the Miroslav 1 folder.
They have included Miroslav 1 inside Miroslav 2.
sidroe

Postby sidroe » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:33 pm

I must add that I feel better now that more people are posting the same load times!!! I thought it may have been something I missed in the installation or my machine was not going to be able to handle Miroslav 2. To know it seems to be the norm for everyone takes a load off of my mind.

My load times are horrendous waiting on Superior Drummer 2, Kontakt, Addictive Keys, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and sometimes more to load up and play. With Miroslav 2 in there a project that used to open in 10 seconds, now takes 1-3 minutes!!! I have realized it is time to render these tracks to audio and get the plugins out of there if I want my live performances to load uber-fast!! Not a dealbreaker but my only alternative is to stick to Miroslav 1 or Garritan or possibly my old Peter Szeidlaczek library for live purposes to keep the tracks tweakable in case of any major problems with room acoustics.

Like I said, time will tell if it is going to be worth it to just render Miroslav 2 tracks to audio in these live songs. I do so want to use Miroslav 2 to improve my live sound. The ONLY other alternative is to load Miroslav 2 full orchestra on a second laptop and midi up to it from the Sonar Platinum laptop. That way once it is loaded I should not have to touch it. Who wants to lug around 2 laptops when you are trying to downsize your rig now? We'll see.
sidroe

Postby novaburst » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:13 pm

sidroe wrote: Like I said, time will tell if it is going to be worth it to just render Miroslav 2 tracks to audio in these live songs.

Rendering to audio files is good, live performing with midi is kind of dodgy as midi is prone to glitch up.

not sure how much time you get to prepare for live performance but if I had time I would most certainly render even if it was not miroslav 2 , I would render any midi to audio.

Its safer and saves on cpu and memory
novaburst

Postby Vollgerd » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Hallo,
another Question.
Ich can`t find anything about it in the Manual.
What means:
ff LP, or mf 3.0, or mf 3,5 LP; or 4,0 mp LP etc.
Is there someone who understand that?

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:03 pm

egam wrote:
Violin/Viola pizzicato,
chors,
classical Guitars
Classical Harps
Percussion

Have you checked out all of the articulations in the keyswitched instruments? Those would be the instruments with the KS symbol after them. Once you load one, you can click any of the lower keys that are darker (the in-app keyboard at the bottom) and it will show you what articulation each of those keys switches to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:06 pm

another Question.
Ich can`t find anything about it in the Manual.
What means:
ff LP, or mf 3.0, or mf 3,5 LP; or 4,0 mp LP etc.
Is there someone who understand that?

Gerd

ff/mf are common abbreviations for fortissimo ("very loud"), mezzoforte ("moderately loud"), and mezzopiano (moderately soft), respectively. The number is the number of seconds of the sample and LP means it is a looped sample.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
egam wrote:
Violin/Viola pizzicato,
chors,
classical Guitars
Classical Harps
Percussion

Have you checked out all of the articulations in the keyswitched instruments? Those would be the instruments with the KS symbol after them. Once you load one, you can click any of the lower keys that are darker (the in-app keyboard at the bottom) and it will show you what articulation each of those keys switches to.

I think the instruments that are being mentioned are the solo string instruments because you can see pizzicatos on the pop up menu very easy in the group violins and all other group strings,

Percussion can only be found in the the full orchestra live + percussion, once this is loaded delete all other non percussive instruments if you only desire hits. on your play list.

Harp can be found as you said in MP1, but there is no classical guitar.

Choirs are also in MP1
novaburst

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More