Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Vollgerd » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:01 pm

danphish wrote:I just noticed that there is no Pizzicato for Solo Strings (except basses). Why no Pizzicato?
Will there be updates for missing articulations (though I haven't particularly noticed anything else missing)?

Yes, i noticed that too.
Only in the folder of Philharmonik 1 ist the Pizzicato for Violin.
But its very strange. Only Bass has Pizzicato.

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby Vollgerd » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi
another Issue:
If I load a pattern, and play ist, I can see on the virtual keyoard, that the pattern works.
But I hear nothing
Only after loading an instrument into "Inst", I can hear the pattern, but not the Insrument whitch ist loadet in Pattern, rather the sound of the Instrument I loaded in "inst".

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby egam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Vollgerd wrote:Hi
another Issue:
If I load a pattern, and play ist, I can see on the virtual keyoard, that the pattern works.
But I hear nothing
Only after loading an instrument into "Inst", I can hear the pattern, but not the Insrument whitch ist loadet in Pattern, rather the sound of the Instrument I loaded in "inst".

You need to load the appropriate instruments into the instrument list manually. Its the same like in the Sampletank 3 lib. I think this is intentional.

Vollgerd wrote:Yes, i noticed that too.
Only in the folder of Philharmonik 1 ist the Pizzicato for Violin.
But its very strange. Only Bass has Pizzicato.

They need to fix that. I don't believe, that they didn't record pizzicato samples for the solo violin, violas and cellos because there are samples for pizzicato's in their respective string ensemble counterparts.
egam

Postby sidroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 am

Downloaded and backed up All Miroslav 2 files. Download time = about 28 hours non-stop!!!! Installation = about 30 to 45 minutes to install new library and core program. Not too bad!
Here is where it goes south! I load project that loads in Sonar Platinum with the Sampletank 3 Miroslav Violins 1 and 2, Violas, and Cellos. All Key Switching. The original project loads in about 15-20 seconds. I replace Sampletank 3 Miroslav with Miroslav 2. All Key Switching has to be changed! Outside of that, LOAD TIME FOR THE SAME 4 INSTRUMENTS IS AROUND 2-3 MINUTES!!!!
The only way that I could use this on stage would be to have a second computer already loaded up with Miroslav 2 midied up to the first computer running Sonar Platinum!!!!! These load times are killing me!!!
I know I can use just the articulations that I need by loading up the separate tracks for the articulations I need. It would be wonderful if we could make our own key switching instruments that included just the articulations we need for the particular song we need to load!!!!! Is that possible? Maybe an update is coming in the future to speed the load times!
The sound quality is very improved with this upgrade but the load times would be a deal breaker if you need to load different songs live in front of an audience!
Don't get me wrong! This upgrade is a little pricey but if you didn't have the original library first I would say it is worth the money. Don't expect it to serve you well on stage when it comes to loading instruments for each song though!!!
sidroe

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:10 am

If you use the live page the load times should be minimal and those seem long in general. Have you inquired with support with details about which sounds etc so they can check out if you're experiencing an anomaly?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sidroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:01 am

I tried the LIVE page and the load times are still 2-3 minutes if not longer!!! I don't think you are grasping the problem. If I load individual articulations on many different tracks then the load time will probably be shortened a bit.
The problem is I am trying to get the Key Switching multis for Violins 1=14 violins multi, Violins 2=14 violins multi, Violas=8 violas multi, and Cellos=8 cellos multi!!
With all the key switching articulations trying to load, I believe it is creating a bottleneck. I tried loading them in Sampletank 3 and the load time is still horrendous! This is not a major issue working in my studio but if I ever tried to use this thing live there would be too much time entirely waiting on the string section to load from song to song. All of my projects use at least 4 to 5 VST instruments along with dozens of audio plugins. Up until now, the songs would load in a matter of 5-10 seconds. I could choose a song from my library, double-click and everything is ready to play in a matter of seconds!!! Even if I used the LIVE page that means I have to stop and click several pages to load the instruments in Miroslav 2 after the song has loaded!! Miroslav 2 just will not load quickly enough as is! I tried the LIVE and it seems worse sometimes!
Don't get me wrong. I am not an unhappy customer on a rant. Miroslav will serve great purpose in my studio but unless we can iron out the load time issues with the keyswitching multis I will be forced to go back to the original Miroslav library in Sampletank 3 or use the older library in Miroslav 2. I am disappointed about that but life goes on. Thanks for your help and I hope to see an update down the road that will allow faster loading for live performance. Again, I am using Sonar Platinum Producer Version if you are going to do any testing.
sidroe

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:27 am

I'm grasping fully, because I mentioned this does not sound like the normal/expected behavior and pointed you to the right people to help you directly if you contact them with details of your issue and your system/setup (for example, please relay your DAW as you did here to them and they will do the appropriate testing/verification to see if there's an issue based on that information).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sidroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:46 am

I just tried loading the 23 violins multi in Miroslav 2 and it loads in a matter of 3 seconds and the Miroslav 2 14 violins multi takes about 45 seconds to load. I will contact Cakewalk but I would feel better if you could compare the load times on your DAW and see what the results are. Again, thanks for your speedy replys and I will try to keep you informed on my end.
sidroe

Postby novaburst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:01 pm

sidroe wrote:I just tried loading the 23 violins multi in Miroslav 2 and it loads in a matter of 3 seconds and the Miroslav 2 14 violins multi takes about 45 seconds to load. I will contact Cakewalk but I would feel better if you could compare the load times on your DAW and see what the results are. Again, thanks for your speedy replys and I will try to keep you informed on my end.

I tried the 14 violins multi it was rushly 3-5 seconds

The Philharmonik Piano took around 7 to 10 seconds but when you here the sound it gives oHmyGosh you would wait another 7 seconds.

ok then here we go: The full Orchestra Scoring took about a minute and a half, it loads multis with there articulations by fare the longest wait, 15 tracks in total for the Orchestra score, so you would need to add that up with your self loading the tracks individually, it may take the same time.

I am using MP2 inside cubase 5 64bit windows 7 ultimate .

I would have said they are fair loading times when you consider it is HD is this not the price you pay for HD compared to standard samples, the bigger the sample the more information it is giving to your Memory/CPU load.

you should try loading East West diamond in HD or 24bit I know of some people having not so good times with that in 24bit,

But I feel its the price you pay for good sounds,

When I installed my sound content I used a separate folder and not the sample tank folder it wanted to default to.
novaburst

Postby novaburst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:13 pm

egam wrote:
Vollgerd wrote:Hi

They need to fix that. I don't believe, that they didn't record pizzicato samples for the solo violin, violas and cellos because there are samples for pizzicato's in their respective string ensemble counterparts.

Yes I found this strange too, no pizzicato"s in the solo strings, dont think thats a bug that one was over looked or forgot.
novaburst

Postby sidroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks, Novastar!!! I felt like that was what was happening. I agree that the sound quality is really worth the wait on the load time. The problem stems from all the other vsti plugins that use quite a large number of samples all fighting to load at the same time I'm sure.
As to a fix, I guess I will have to settle for relying on separate tracks for the articulations needed for the individual songs and stay away from the keyswitching version which means more tracks to deal with.
Does anyone know if I could load the 14 violins multi version, delete the articulations and keyswitch for the ones I don't need, then save as a new version? Would that not shorten load time?
The only alternative is to render Miroslav 2 to an audio track in the Sonar project for live use. I will keep trying different workarounds and keep you posted. Let me know about the delete articulations idea. For my use that would be great!
sidroe

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:04 pm

I do not think that there is any way to delete articulations (or build your own key-switched Multi from inidividual instruments).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby sidroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks, Darkstar! After initial testing this morning I have found that the first time you load a particular instrument for the very first time the load time is about 15 to 20 seconds. I then deleted the instrument and re-loaded it. The load time was down to 4-6 seconds on the second load! I have this same occurrence with Superior Drummer 2!!
It seems as though the samples for the very first load are being located by the VSTi. After the first load, the time to load the same instrument from then on is cut by a substantial amount. For live use I have had to make sure before I start performing that I manually load any kits I use for the night. That way when Sonar loads the song the load time is next to nothing for the rest of the night. I will keep trying to cut the load times and let you all know how I am making progress, although, I still think speedwise I will probably end up just committing Miroslav 2 to audio and deleting the plug. As a matter of fact that is probably what needs to be done for all VSTi instruments in my live projects anyway. I just liked being able to tweak an instrument on the fly for any particular problems with the sound in the rooms I play in.
Thanks for all your help, guys! I probably won't bug you all anymore for a while.
AND THANKS TO IK FOR THIS GREAT UPGRADE FOR A WONDERFUL ORCHESTRA!!!!!!
sidroe

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm

^^^^
That sounds like your OS is caching the files in memory, so on subsequent loads it is much quicker.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby allanh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:49 pm

One thing to consider with loading samples: Window 10 automatically turns indexing on for drives. A recent Window10 update reset indexing to "on" even if "off" before. This makes a HUGE difference, so indexing should be OFF for sample drives. Your AntiVirus may similarly interfere.
allanh

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More