Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Support is aware and I believe they plan to have a workaround similar to the above (but probably not a good idea for the file to be extracted to root) and a FAQ about it up today.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby prockjp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 pm

prockjp wrote:
rtucker55 wrote:keep getting a 'Path too long' error when trying to unzip the 1st sound file. Using windows 7 x64.

I have moved the zip file down to a folder one level above root but continue to get the error.
Tried giving support a call but that is no longer possible so looks like I will need to fill out a support form.

Kind regards,
Rick

I am getting the same error (Error: 0x80010135: Path Too Long) with zip file #1 & 6. All others extracted correctly. I am downloading both a third time to try again.

Regards 8-)

FIX FOR THIS!!!
I did not have to re-download again. I guess the path name is actually too long. So I changed the save path to the Desktop and it worked for both of these zip files. Then I just moved those folders to where they would have originally been extracted to.

Regards 8-)
DAW: Cubase Pro 9, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Latest versions of IK's ST3, MP2, AT4 (Max, Fender Collection 2, & British Invasion Bundles)
prockjp

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Support will have a FAQ entry for this too, and they suggest a short-named folder like "MP2" instead of root (and I agree). Other than that, good workaround find :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ivanodonoghue » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Wow - the sounds downloads take a long time - lots of zip files.

Then the extraction takes a long time.

Then the first installer takes a long time, to get to 98%, then as long again to get to 100%.

Then it fails: "The Moroslav 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy the instruments"

Running as administrator doesn't help. Windows 8.1. Anyone?
ivanodonoghue

Postby rtucker55 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Thanks to Everyone involved in helping with the sound file extraction issue. I am now all fixed up!

Kind regards,
Rick
rtucker55

Postby Vollgerd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:28 am

ivanodonoghue wrote:Then it fails: "The Moroslav 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy the instruments"

at me the same problem.
But later suddenly it worked. I do not know why.
But Part 16 was no error message, but no progress in the progress bar.
But Philharmonik Grand is not working.
The following message:
"Failed to load Instrument:.....005__Piano/Philharmonik Grand/00__Philharmonik Grand.str3i"
But I found this File in the path "Instruments\....\005__Piano\Philharmonik Grand\"
Also I found the Files "Philharmonik Grand 16-44.pak" and Philharmonik Grand 24-96.pak" in the Path "Samples\....\Piano\"

I hope you understand my Problem. My english is terrible.

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby feldor » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 am

I also have problems with the Grand(s), error about failing to load instrument. Also, if I load the Philharmonik 2 as a standalone, all the sounds come after a long pause no matter if I play via screen piano keys or via usb connected keyboard. From SampleTank 3 it works normally.

System is Windows 10 64bit, 16MB memory, first installed the sounds on a separate SSD drive but forgot that SampleTank3 has only one folder to look for sounds, so it lost all my other instruments (including it's default). Haven't checked yet if it is possible to have multiple paths to look for them.

I try to re-install once to see if it makes any difference, but maybe one of the files (package 16?) is not quite right.. the .zip file itself seemed to be ok.

Cheers...
feldor

Postby bluesplayer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:47 am

ditto seems to be a .pak file problem more info

-----
ONLY error I get is when trying to load and play any of four (4) NON-ECO pianos.

I have plenty of memory 32GBs, horsepower i7-2600K 3.4GHz, and drive space 10TB's.

I've re-downloaded Part 16 (where both regular Piano samples "Philharmonik Grand 24-96.pak" [2.12GB's] and ECO samples " Philharmonik Grand 16-44.pak" [667MB's] are, well as Part 1 where instrument .st3i files are.

I've re-uncompressed each and re-ran each of the two installers and I receive no install or uncompress errors.

The error, and it occurs in either Miroslav program or ST3 itself, is:

"Failed to Load instrument" followed by the item that failed to load

"D:\Music\IK Inst Libs\ST3 libs\Instruments\50__Miroslav Philharmonik 2\005__Piano\Philharmonik Grand\00__Philharmonik Grand.st3i" or,

"….\01__Classical Philharmonik Grand.st3i" or,

"… \02__Philharmonik Grand Dark.st3i" or,

"…\03__Philharmonik Grand Bright.st3i"

No paths aren't too long (actually shorter than default install) - problem appears to be with the samples ".pak" file "Philharmonik Grand 24-96.pak "

All other instruments load and play fine in either Miroslav or ST3 - including the only other large file: Violins Ensemble with 1st violin
bluesplayer

Postby egam » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:56 am

Same problem here with the Philharmonik Grand Full Versions. I get the Error "Failed to load instrument". The st3i files and pak files are in place.

The eco-versions of the Philharmonik Grand are useable without error.
egam

Postby matthewrichardmusic » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:36 am

Can someone post the manual? For some reason I can't find mine on my drive :(
matthewrichardmusic

Postby Vollgerd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:48 am

"Failed to load Instrument:.....005__Piano/Philharmonik Grand/00__Philharmonik Grand.str3i"
But I found this File in the path "Instruments\....\005__Piano\Philharmonik Grand\"

the same error with:

All Brass/Solo
All Orchestra Chrimes
All Orchestra Chrimes eco
All vibraphone
all Philharmonik Grand (eco works)

there is something wrong.

Gerd
Vollgerd

Postby rtucker55 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:24 am

Same problem with the Pianos failing to load in either MP2 or ST3.
rtucker55

Postby dave_clark » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:42 am

Hi all,

I'm also having problems with all non-Eco Grand Pianos. I am not having the other problems reported by Vollgerd --- checked many and all so far are fine (Chimes, Brass Solo Intrs., etc.).

Like many, I suppose, I first checked violins, then pianos.... Why couldn't it have been Tubas?

Regards,
Dave.
dave_clark

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - Users' solutions and answers

Postby xaviervibert » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello,

Same here. I can't load any of the four Philharmonik Grand piano versions. Only the Eco versions work.
Need a fix here, please.

Postby egam » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I have a problem with the Sampletank 3 / Miroslav Philharmonik 2 library path.
I have set my library path in Miroslav Symphonik 2 to D:\MP2Lib.
If i now open Sampletank 3 it begins to scan D:\MP2Lib and after it finishes the Sampletank 3 Library is not available, because the library path in ST3 automatically gets set to the same library path as in Miroslav Symphonik 2.

The Sampletank 3 and Miroslav 2 library path should be independent of eachother.
Last edited by egam on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egam

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More