Is there anything included in SampleTank4 that's not in MAX?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Is there anything included in SampleTank4 that's not in MAX?

Postby TealTactics » Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:49 am

I was just wondering if there were any sounds included in SampleTank 4 that aren't a part of SampleTank4 MAX? I know this isn't the case for Miroslav Philmarmonik 2 and CE, but wasn't sure for SampleTank. Thanks a bunch!
TealTactics

Re: Is there anything included in SampleTank4 that's not in

Postby bjoerne2 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:34 pm

I have the same question. Should I install sound content for Sampletank 4 and Sampletank 4 CS also, or is that included in the sound content for Sampletank 4 MAX?
bjoerne2

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:14 pm

I have a similar problem since I bought SampleTank4 Max v2 some days ago.
I´m currently logged in and under,-

My Products > SampleTank 4 MAX v2 (Registered On: 27-09-2024) > Sound Downloads > Available Sounds for Windows,- I recognize "SampleTank4 Acoustic Piano Samples Part 1 - 16" appear twice in the list,- all the 16 parts!

I´m busy downloading all the sound content on a separate drive as a backup and for manual installation in case of whatever issues w/ Productmanager.

Now I wonder which to download,- 1st set of 16 parts entries, 2nd set or both?
OTOH,- because of exactly the same names, I can imagine one of these sets of 16 parts might be obsolete double entries and/or an error.

And what´s up in regards of SampleTank CS vs all the other SampleTank 3 & 4 content and Miroslav Philarmonik 2 CE vs the other Philarmonik 2 (16 parts) downloads.
Aren´t ST4 CS and MP2 CE just only derivates from the full versions or makes it sense downloading and installing everything?

Thx in advance for any useful advice saving download time and drive space.

:)

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Postby Promidi » Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:01 pm

I would just download and install SampleTank4 Max v2

See:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

My interpretation of this PDF is that SampleTank4 Max v2 containss ll the content of the other tiers.

To confirm this, you might like to open a ticket with IKM support

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Promidi

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:56 pm

Promidi wrote:I would just download and install SampleTank4 Max v2

See:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

My interpretation of this PDF is that SampleTank4 Max v2 containss ll the content of the other tiers.

To confirm this, you might like to open a ticket with IKM support

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Thx a lot for reply and ST4 v2 comparison list.
I now downloaded most of the content to a separate external drive and there´s just only one issue left,-

the "SampleTank4 Acoustic Piano Samples" Part 1 - 16.
These 16 parts exist twice in the "available sounds for" Windows (and Mac too).
2x 16 parts, all the same name except part numbering (#1 - #16).

These aren´t listed in the comparison list,- and I wonder which 16 parts I have to download.

Installation of all the content via ProductManager is a no go here,- the internet connection is too slow for these big files.
It creeps w/ 3.4 megabytes/sec. max. for a single file.
Multiple files share the bandwidth and downloads will be interupted all the time.
I don´t recognize the same behaviour w/ NI Komplete/ Native Access when using my/the same internet connection.
But I don´t want to tinker w/ such problems and better move on downloading.

So,- I´ll install the content 1st to a desired location and then install ST4 max v2 application via ProductManager for activation and will point it to the content location and re-scan.
I hope that will work ...
I´ll have to do that for 2 machines, desktop DAW and laptop.
So,- having all the content already available on a movable media for installation seems to be the less time consuming way.

thx again,-

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:34 pm

O.k., finally I´ve found it out:

In "sounds download" > "Available Sounds for..." Win or Mac

The 1st 16 parts set named ST4 Acoustic PIano Samples is:

ST4_Acoustic_Pianos_Samples_Part_ (1-16)

The 2nd 16 parts set w/ same name as above is:

ST4_AcPiano_Samples_Part_ (1-16)

These aren´t identical and are both needed for ST4 Max v2.

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Postby Promidi » Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:48 pm

Do you have double ups of any sounds in Sampletank. As you have found duplicate filenames, I would concentrate on the Acoustic Pianos first in your search.

As the filenames are the same, it's not quickly evident from the filenames which iteration the Acoustic Piano files are from. Maybe there is a clue given by the folder structure itself. Also, the time date stamps of the files might also give you a clue.

As I only have the first Sampletank 4 Max (and even then I only installed Max), I cannot really check.

Mind you those files you are describing are just the installers. What really matters are the actual files installed in your Sampletank Max v2 content location.
Promidi

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:09 pm

Promidi wrote:Mind you those files you are describing are just the installers. What really matters are the actual files installed in your Sampletank Max v2 content location.

Well, currently I only create the backup disk for all the/my installers ´cause I´ll install from there manually and one by one on both, desktop and laptop computers.

The installers have different names, but there are duplicated file names for Acoustic Piano in the ST4 Max v2 downloads section which at least for me was very irritating.
But that´s solved for me now.

I doubt we´ll see duplicated samples, patches or sample-, patch- names.
If there were any, these would be overwritten by installation I think.

Up to now, it´s unclear if the ST4 CS and MP2 CE content is really needed or if it´s all included in ST4 and MP2 anyway.

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:28 am

SampleTank 4 CS and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE content is included in SampleTank 4 MAX.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:35 am

Peter_IK wrote:SampleTank 4 CS and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE content is included in SampleTank 4 MAX.

Thx for chiming in, but that was not the question.
I see it´s included.

I understood, ST 4 CS and MP 2 CE are (more or less) free products coming w/ a selected soundset vs the full versions of ST4 and MP2.

On IK Multimedia website,- when I log in and go to "my products" and to "SampleTank 4 Max v2",- in the list of available content for Windows (or Mac), I see a ton of SampleTank 4 files as also 1 file named SampleTank 4 CS Sound Content.
Do I have to download or can I ignore ST4 CS Sound Content?

The same question rules for MIroslav Philarmonic 2 part 1-16 and the 3 parts of MP 2 CE.
Is the content of these 3 downloadable MP 2 CE files already included in MP 2 part 1-16 or do I have to download these in addition because it´s different essential content ?

And if ST4 CS Content as well as MP 2 CE files just only include presets and samples from the full versions and are not individual and for ST4 Max v2 installation essential files,- why do these files show up in the ST4 Max v2 product downloads then ?

It´s irritating because when I launch the product manager on another machine where I have "Hammond B-3X" installed, I see all the free "teaser"-stuff as separate products in addition to the other products I already bought.
And,- on the machine running B-3X there´s ST4 CS installed already.
What to do ?
Uninstall ST 4 CS before installing ST 4 Max v2 or simply install on top of ?
I also have Clavitube and Stage 73 V already installed on that machine.
Just overwrite w/ the ST4 Max v2 installation ?

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:33 pm

This is what was asked and what I answered succinctly:
if the ST4 CS and MP2 CE content is really needed or if it´s all included in ST4 and MP2 anyway.

It sounds like you are still unsure even with two people including someone who works for IK answering you. I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support who can give you the definitive answers hopefully in a way that makes sense to you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HaPeWe2022 » Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This is what was asked and what I answered succinctly:
if the ST4 CS and MP2 CE content is really needed or if it´s all included in ST4 and MP2 anyway.

It sounds like you are still unsure even with two people including someone who works for IK answering you. I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support who can give you the definitive answers hopefully in a way that makes sense to you.

Thank you,- I already downloaded everything.

Pete
HaPeWe2022

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More