Control your Tonex Pedal from your web browser

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Control your Tonex Pedal from your web browser

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:07 pm

I hope this is allowed, i read the rules and didn't find anything :)

In anticipation of the possibility to control your pedals from the Tonex software I got an idea to make a midi sending web interface for easy control of your Tonex pedal.

(Mostly i wanted to check out the web midi api with javascript and thought this would be a great project to try it out :)

So i made this really ugly webpage:
https://bearwolf.github.io/TonexWebController/

Where you can connect your tonex to your computer and manipulate a lot of parameters directly.

I've tested it and it works on mac and pc, (pc requires the asio drivers from the ik manager), further instructions at the bottom of the page.

I hope someone else also find it useful, i really enjoyed tinkering with it! The code is available also on the github and it's just basic javascript. github.com/bearwolf/TonexWebController
bearwolfz

Re: Control your Tonex Pedal from your web browser

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:42 pm

Very good! I saw this on Reddit too, thanks for posting. Sadly I don't think I'll comment there since it was met with immediate insulting of our devs and trivializing what a full release of a live editor takes but that's Reddit for you :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bearwolfz » Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:48 pm

Yeah i saw, believe me this is not meant as a stab at ik! Making a quick web tool vs integrating functionality into your application is quite a different task. :D

Peter_IK wrote:Very good! I saw this on Reddit too, thanks for posting. Sadly I don't think I'll comment there since it was met with immediate insulting of our devs and trivializing what a full release of a live editor takes but that's Reddit for you :)
bearwolfz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:06 pm

bearwolfz wrote:Yeah i saw, believe me this is not meant as a stab at ik! Making a quick web tool vs integrating functionality into your application is quite a different task. :D

Peter_IK wrote:Very good! I saw this on Reddit too, thanks for posting. Sadly I don't think I'll comment there since it was met with immediate insulting of our devs and trivializing what a full release of a live editor takes but that's Reddit for you :)

Oh I know :) This was cool to see from my perspective, it was the other individual that took it as an opportunity to be a little saucy about it. They do make a good point that it would have been nice to have the live editor before now but it is indeed coming officially so we are on the right path. And your tool is VERY cool and nothing that we're working on diminishes that, it's very clever and useful.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BLuzJW91 » Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:20 pm

bearwolfz wrote:I hope this is allowed, i read the rules and didn't find anything :)

In anticipation of the possibility to control your pedals from the Tonex software I got an idea to make a midi sending web interface for easy control of your Tonex pedal.

(Mostly i wanted to check out the web midi api with javascript and thought this would be a great project to try it out :)

So i made this really ugly webpage:
https://bearwolf.github.io/TonexWebController/

Where you can connect your tonex to your computer and manipulate a lot of parameters directly.

I've tested it and it works on mac and pc, (pc requires the asio drivers from the ik manager), further instructions at the bottom of the page.

I hope someone else also find it useful, i really enjoyed tinkering with it! The code is available also on the github and it's just basic javascript. github.com/bearwolf/TonexWebController

What a great tool you have developed. Having a live editor for the Tonex pedals is definitely something IK should accomplish sooner rather than later (how long did it take Kemper?), but this is a great Java/midi tool. Congrats to you for developing it.
BLuzJW91

Postby bearwolfz » Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:44 am

Thanks all for the feedback and support i've gotten!
There's no better feeling than someone using what you've made :)

I've squashed some mistakes i did and added some features i got asked a lot about. So now there's the EQ block, and a block for sending pc messages to quickly swap between presets to compare them. So you can level match and check so that one isn't massively bassy or similar compared to the other one. Since i'm in the middle of a move i usually code without my pedalboard, it should™ work, but hit me up if there's something wonky. :D
bearwolfz

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling