IK Multimedia ModoDrum 1.5 Missing Kits - FIX (Mac)

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

IK Multimedia ModoDrum 1.5 Missing Kits - FIX (Mac)

Postby paulhepker » Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:44 am

In case anyone is still experiencing the missing kit issue - I'm posting a fix here.

I spent two full days tearing my hair out trying to resolve this issue.

---

1. Installed ModoDrum 1.5 and all kits using IK Product Manager to Default Locations.

13 Kits (.paks) were installed to:

Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM/

2. Using the Mac Finder, I then moved the 13 add-on kits to their own folder inside the MODO DRUM folder, which I labelled “KITS”.

!! Only move the 13 add-on kits - leave the other .pak files where they are. !!

See below:

3. I then opened the Modo Drum Standalone app, which immediately gave me the floating window error saying something like:

“The factory kit and sounds have not been installed properly.
Please download and install them with the IK Product Manager.”

(Sadly, I didn’t take a screenshot of this window - but if you’re reading this, I’m sure you’re familiar!)

There is no obvious way to close this window, and I normally just quit the app but this time I clicked around randomly and waited until the window disappeared.

(NOTE: All of the Kits in the the scrollbar had little “DOWNLOAD” icons in their top right corner - not visible in the screenshot below…)

4. Once the floating error window had disappeared, I then went to the settings cog: 

5. And changed the Sound Content Folder by browsing to the “KITS” folder created in Step Two above:

Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM/KITS/

6. I then closed that window. 

Miraculously, all of the kits now showed up as available and correctly installed. Everything functioned as normal.

When I quit and re-opened the App, the changes seemed to have “stuck”. 

I opened my DAW (Logic) and the plugin was working perfectly too.

7. I hope this works for you. Please pass this info along in the forums you frequent. You could save a lot of time and frustration for those like me who have battled finding a solution for this.

8. Peace!

paulhepker

Re: IK Multimedia ModoDrum 1.5 Missing Kits - FIX (Mac)

Postby DC_IK » Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:09 pm

You can contact IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw.
They can help you get your software running properly.
DC_IK

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS