Recording audio from PA Active Speaker to Android mobile

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Recording audio from PA Active Speaker to Android mobile

Postby dkmhin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm

Hello..
I have a JBL Eon 710 active Speaker which has a Xlr PASS THRU. I would like to record audio coming from the Speaker to my Android mobile which has 3.5 Audio jack.
Can you please suggest what cables and interfaces or Irig models are needed in detail...

Thank you
dkmhin

Re: Recording audio from PA Active Speaker to Android mobile

Postby Brock01 » Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:28 pm

dkmhin wrote:Hello..
I have a JBL Eon 710 active Speaker which has a Xlr PASS THRU. I would like to record audio coming from the Speaker to my Android mobile which has 3.5 Audio jack.
Can you please suggest what cables and interfaces or Irig models are needed in detail...

alight motion взлом
Thank you

To record audio from your JBL Eon 710 active speaker to your Android mobile, you can follow these steps:

Cables Needed:

XLR to 1/4" TRS Cable: Connect the XLR pass-thru output of the speaker to a 1/4" TRS to 3.5mm TRS adapter.
1/4" TRS to 3.5mm TRS Adapter: This will allow you to connect the 1/4" TRS end of the cable to your Android device.
iRig Interface (Optional): If you want a better audio interface, consider using an iRig model, such as:

iRig Pre: This interface has an XLR input and can connect directly to your mobile device, providing phantom power if needed.
iRig 2: If you prefer an instrument interface, it can be used for direct recording.
Setup:

Connect the XLR output from your speaker to the iRig Pre (if using).
Connect the iRig Pre or the TRS adapter to your Android mobile's audio jack.
Ensure the recording app on your mobile device is set to use the microphone input.
Recording App: Use a suitable recording app on your Android device to capture the audio.

This setup should allow you to record audio from your JBL speaker effectively!
Brock01

Return to Android Apps & Accessories