Sampletank Can't Find Library Content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank Can't Find Library Content

Postby jeremyd » Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:09 am

Hello,

I just installed Sampletank 4, and I must say, it is really, really difficult to install content.

I wanted to install the sounds on my external SSD. As per instructions, I added that location in Sampletank's preferences.

I used the Sounds installer (took awhile to find that), and it installed the sounds in the correct location. But Sampletank gives me error messages when I load it.

I deleted everything and tried to start from fresh, just installing the Brandenburg Piano. But Brandenburg Piano doesn't even appear in the menu. The files are there, but Sampletank does not see them.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if you had some kind of file menu to load instruments with, but we're stuck with a drop-down only.

Anyone know what I'm missing here? Thanks!
jeremyd

Re: Sampletank Can't Find Library Content

Postby pmortise » Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:58 pm

This is giving me problems too. The Brandenburg doesn't appear in the instrument browser's library tab in ST4, but if I do a search in the instruments column I see them there greyed out. Attempting to select them gets me the error message:

"Brandenburg Piano library is not authorized. Please launch the Product Manager and insert the product serial number to authorize."

However, the Product Manager tells me that the library is properly authorized - and I get the email thanking me for registering it. [mod redacted - unnecessary]
pmortise

Re: Sampletank Can't Find Library Content

Postby MichaelAstill111 » Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:13 am

I was having the same issue - registered OK in Product Manager, downloaded Sounds but still had a lock icon over it in ST4.
The legacy Authorization Manager doesn't work for me anymore. It says my "internet connection is unavailable". I believe this is due to an SSL cert that's no longer compatible with the IK site.

anyway, someone over at bedroomproducersblog.com posted a solution that worked for me:

STILL HAVING INSTALLATION PROBLEMS? TRY THE FOLLOWING:
Launch the IK Product Manager and locate SampleTank 4 within the list of ‘Software’.
Click the ‘Unauthorize’ button next to SampleTank 4 and then, click ‘Authorize’.
Next, launch the Custom Shop and navigate to your profile and select ‘Restore Purchases’.
Finally, launch SampleTank 4 and verify that the sound content is accessible.
MichaelAstill111

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More